Hello Guest it is October 23, 2019, 07:42:03 AM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 123992 times)

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2016, 04:46:38 PM »
So I am guessing the reason I have boxes across the top of my screen where the drop down menus are supposed to be: file config help etc means the oem copy of mach 3 that came with my chinese 6040 engraver router mill is pirated?  Please confirm and I will purchase license immediately!!!

Thanks,
Ken

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,957 7,957
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2016, 01:42:26 AM »
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum.

When you purchase a Chinese machine it is most unlikely to be supplied with a genuine Mach3 license.

I have no idea why your screen has boxes across the top, it is not a license issue.

Rename your Mach3 folder to Mach3 backup (or something similar).
Download and install a fresh copy of Mach3 http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/
Copy the <your profile> .xml file from the backup to your new Mach3 folder.

Mach3 should then work correctly.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2016, 06:58:19 AM »
Thanks Tweakie  I appreciate your help! I ran across your website when I was trying to figure this out. I am new to CNC. I have built several 3d  printer and have run manual lathes for many years
It is nice to know I can find help here!
Thanks again
Ken

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,957 7,957
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2017, 04:44:22 AM »
I mentioned FASTERCNC.CO.LTD in an earlier post as a peddler of a Mach3 pirate license.
Now it appears that they are also using the name DDREAMCNC.CO.LTD to peddle the same Mach3 fake license.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2017, 05:58:21 AM »
Is there a way you can check if forum members have a valid licence? Like as part of joining the forum having to disclose your licence no? or something similar? Probably a lot easier said than done, but just a thought

I was one of these who received a fake licence with my Chinese cnc, but you'll be glad to know I purchased a legit licence after tweekie picked up on it

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2017, 06:03:51 AM »
Is there a way you can check if forum members have a valid licence? Like as part of joining the forum having to disclose your licence no? or something similar? Probably a lot easier said than done, but just a thought

I was one of these who received a fake licence with my Chinese cnc, but you'll be glad to know I purchased a legit licence after tweekie picked up on it

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,957 7,957
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2017, 06:17:34 AM »
Hi Bucks,

I think we have all thought long and hard about the pirate license situation and new forum members but so far nothing has surfaced as being an easily workable solution.  :'(

Tweakie.

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2017, 06:27:52 AM »
Sounds like most things, Easier said than done!

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,957 7,957
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2017, 05:51:17 AM »
Another Chinese enterprise NOVUSUN (or is it a previous business re-branded ??) has it's installation software automatically install their supplied Pirate License.

Tweakie.

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,957 7,957
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2017, 06:43:08 AM »
A couple of screenshots taken from the CHINACNCZONE software installation video (from their website). This is yet another Chinese business peddling a Pirate Mach3 Licence.

Tweakie.