Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Motor Trouble  (Read 13771 times)

Re: Motor Trouble
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »
Hi,
 "G0" is the maximum rapid speed possible, set as the maximum velocity in Motor Tuning.
 "G1" followed by an "F**" entry commands a move at a specified feedrate.
"G1 X20  F2000" would move the axis at 2000 units per minute.
"G0 X0" would then move it at the maximum available speed. (10,000)

I hope this helps.

Sorry Navyboy,
   I totally missed your last post. Where are you at with your situation now ?

Russ
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »
Thank You so much for your help Russ.  I have found the problem, my voltage settings on the control board (TDX, TDY, and TDZ) were at 0.  I turned the pods up to 1.6 volts motors are working great.  Again thank you for your help, with out it I would have not found my problem.

I do have another question.  I still haven't purchased my licence for MACH3.  I have been playing with the demo,  when I go to LCAM and try to draw and post to MACH3 it only shows a very small piece, is this because its not full function?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »
Lazycam is an importer of a dxf file. It is not and should not be used as a drawing program.
RICH
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »
First thanks Rich.  When I watched the training videos at Artsoft Web site, they show adding text, then pocketing.  I can tried the letter "S" and was able to chain and pocket inside the "S".  But, when I posted to mach3 I couldn't find the *.tap file, except as a *.lcam file.
I guess I'll play with the program somemore, but to answer my question do I have to have a licenced version of MACH3 to up Lcam?  Am I asking the right question?
Jim
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Hi Jim,
There are actually 2 licenses, Mach3 and LazyCam.
Mach3 has limitations when in demo mode. 500 line limit, no threading in Turn as well as some others.

LazyCam is limited to NO pocketing or Offsetting and has a line limit of 50 if not licensed. (if I remember correctly).

If what you are generating is much smaller than you are expecting, it could be a MM/inch units issue.
Russ
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 05:56:09 AM »
hi overlaoded

thank you for your help

my question about G1 and G0 seems to be comming  from a lazy perssone ,but im bigeener so im confused by the astronomic number of answers and docs i fond when searching on the web, so speaking to someone directly help to have precisely the needed answer and save time, another question please -about the confusion-  what is the best strategy to entre this field (CNC) .

excuse my english :-(

zoheir.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:57:52 AM by zoheirlabibes »
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »
Usually, G0 rapids and G1 feedrate moves are all included in the GCode file, weather hand written or created with a CAM program.

You can also use MDI to move the axis' accordingly.

G1, G0 and the F are Modal, meaning they stay in effect as last commanded until changed.

Hope this helps,
Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 07:42:07 AM »
what is the best strategy to entre this field (CNC) .
- Purchase CNC Programming Handbook by Smid - study it
- Read / study the Mach Mill manuals

There is no shortcut to any of this and one just needs to go through the learning curve which continues forever.

RICH
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
Ahhhhh .... enter the FIELD.
Good catch Rich !
Russ
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 07:53:54 AM »
.... I'm way out in left field at the moment.  ::)

:)