Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:23:17 PM

Author Topic: Getting up and running in Vista  (Read 237651 times)

Re: Getting up and running in Vista
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »
Dude Art, you're awesome. Thats exactly what it was. What is a good setting for the step pulse? Its working at 5 and 10 but what should I put it at?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »
yes, thats the one..set it to 10 and see what happens...just as a test..

What kind of drivers are these, some older drivers needed very long pulse times.. you could test that by checking the
"sherline half-pulse" mode in the config/ports and pins, restart and see if the motors move then. If not, uncheck the "sherline mode".
Sherline mode makes the pulse width very very long, bu is limited to about 12.5Khz output on 25Khz mode..

Art
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
its a 1600 oz in motor with drivers from Wantai. Just says 2h microstep drivers and then the model number but I just bought them brand new last week. Ill try that out.
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
I am moving to a newer computer running windows 7 home premium.  I installed the same version of mach 3 I was running on my old computer R3.043.022.  I ran the driver test and it completed successfully.  I am running at 35000K kernel speed.

I am moving from an old celeron computer (xp pro)  to a core 2 duo 2Ghz computer.  Everything is working but I am having an issue.

I have jog speed set to 150in/min.  On the old computer I can hold down the jog key and it will read 150in/min on the screen with slight variation of 0.05 ipm.  On the new computer it will vary from 146 to 150ipm.  What made me notice it was the sound on the steppers.  I could hear the variation.  Any ideas what would cause this?

Mach 3 is using the same config file (xml) on each computer.

video of new computer with variation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw9XA-IwPTk

old computer without variation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfq1hnx7c4

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
do we have a problem if running with an ethernet smoothstepper instead of the printer ports?  I believe that when I select the option that shows I will not run off of printer port then drivertest.exe does not get loaded on my computer.  
problems with Mach3 / Vista / SmoothStepper
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2015, 04:49:32 PM »
Hi folks, looking for some guidance here please. I am building my first mach3 based system and hit a bit of a snag. I have a small HP dc7800 desktop running Vista Business 32bit, with latest Mach3 downloaded (Jan 2015) and the latest USB smoothStepper drivers and m3p loaded from Warp9 site (Jan 2015) so all up to date. I followed the installation instructions and all seemed to go well. I have added the Vista registry tweak from MachSupport also.

I have assigned basic pin outs and an emulated estop, so I could run some test gcode through, At this stage my BOB is connected to the SmoothStepper but no BOB connections to the Granite Servo Drives yet.

So, after releasing estop, I try and jog the machine with arrow keys, or run basic gcode file through and at a glance nothing happens. No DRO movements on the MACH3 screen and n o BOB led modulation indicating step/dir pulses...... no indication of anything happening. When I run the SmoothStepper plugin debugging screen I can see some x y z activity.

So its like the SmoothStepper is half working behind the scenes its getting commanded to do movements, but MACH is not displaying the movements on DRO and in the end the smoothstepper diagnostic activity I do see does not actually translate into pin pulses!!!!! I'll flesh this out more tonight when I get home and put up some more detailed info. In the mean time if anyone has a cunning idea I'd appreciate the help!

cheers
Rich
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2015, 07:42:26 PM »
First off I expect that you have downloaded the right drivers for the USB SS?  I guess that your BOB since it does not have an error line or reset line coming in from the drivers has deemed an e stop condition.  can you send snapshot of the diagnostics screen.  I expect that pretty soon some of teh real pros will chime in
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »
First off I expect that you have downloaded the right drivers for the USB SS?  I guess that your BOB since it does not have an error line or reset line coming in from the drivers has deemed an e stop condition.  can you send snapshot of the diagnostics screen.  I expect that pretty soon some of teh real pros will chime in

yup latest m3p plugin and latest usb ss driver.....
yeah tonight I'll post some more pics if I get a chance thanks for your help Mountainman
and I have emulated estop so I can control that and I can enable/disable the estop

I've tried 2 versions of the usb drivers and the m3p plugin, no difference.
SmoothStepperUSBDriver2.08.30.zip
SmoothStepperUSBDriver2.08.14.zip
and
2014-01-04 PlugIn: SmoothStepper_v17fe.zip
2013-04-03 PlugIn: SmoothStepper_v17fd.zip

cheers
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:34:59 PM by richienz »
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
I've started a new thread instead of hijacking this one...
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28900.msg202818.html#msg202818

cheers
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
Will Mach3 always say (demo) even though I downloaded the license?  Or did I put the license in the wrong place?