Hello Guest it is October 16, 2019, 01:42:18 PM

Author Topic: Getting up and running in Vista  (Read 193047 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,947 7,947
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Getting up and running in Vista
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2015, 02:00:04 AM »
Will Mach3 always say (demo) even though I downloaded the license?  Or did I put the license in the wrong place?

If it's any help, your license file is called    Mach1Lic.dat   and it should be placed in the Mach3 folder.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
Please help with this if you can?
I am a new beginner. I purchased mach3 which appears to have installed ok but I had to install a parallel port (com 3) the address for this that I was told to use is 0x040 can anyone tell me if this is correct please?
The software seems to run okay but I get no movement from the cnc 3040T. I am hoping this is because the port address is wrong. I am running vista any asdvice would be appreciated and could stop me jumping out the window :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,947 7,947
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2016, 07:45:58 AM »
Please help with this if you can?
I am a new beginner. I purchased mach3 which appears to have installed ok but I had to install a parallel port (com 3) the address for this that I was told to use is 0x040 can anyone tell me if this is correct please?
The software seems to run okay but I get no movement from the cnc 3040T. I am hoping this is because the port address is wrong. I am running vista any asdvice would be appreciated and could stop me jumping out the window :)

Who did you purchase Mach3 from please ??

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »
Newfangled solutions

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,947 7,947
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »
Don't jump !!  ;D

Windows Device Manager will show the address of the LPT parallel port which you have installed. The first 4 digits are the address you should enter into Port#1 (Mach3 will add the 0x ).

Hopefully, this is all that is stopping movement being achieved.

Tweakie.
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2016, 08:44:07 AM »
Thankyou for your help. I did that (address was 400..thankyou) but it has made no difference. i purchased my cnd from uk but the manual is a poorly translated from chinese manual. The settings it gives; motor tuning etc are very different from the tutorials on youtube. motor movement (yioutube advises) 1800 steps per and 0 dir pulse. manual instructs steps per 400 dir pulse 10. i have tried both with no improvement. everything ion mach 3 programe appears to work on screen okay but nothing appears to be getting through to cnc

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
I had to install a parallel port (com 3) the address for this that I was told to use is 0x040 can anyone tell me if this is correct please?

Just to check - are you sure you're getting the address of the correct port from device manager? It's just that you've mentioned com3. COM3 is a SERIAL port not a parallel port.
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
Really appreciate your help with getting started.
Port settings are ok now, getting movement now (was c400)but diagmostics is showing error on output 1.
I can load and run gcode ok now but the cnc is not following the path shown on mach 3 screen?

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2016, 11:37:14 AM »
diagmostics is showing error on output 1.
I can load and run gcode ok now but the cnc is not following the path shown on mach 3 screen?

Not a lot to go on - can you explain a bit more what you mean by error on output1 and what path IS the cnc following?
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2016, 11:55:44 AM »
I`m running on luck here :-) no expertise at all first time user.
The diagnostic screen shows output 1 flashing red in the Output Signals section. I have movement on the machine but it is not following the toolpath of Roadrunner gcode. Would the machine automatically go to starrt positions when turning on? I`m just wondering if that is the problem, if it is starting in the wrong position?