Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:49:06 AM

Author Topic: Getting up and running in Vista  (Read 237663 times)

Re: Getting up and running in Vista
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
Disregard the ENABLE for now, I mentioned that before I saw what you had.
Not sure what you mean by 4 jumpers but moving them doesn't boost the voltage, the electronics on the board must be able to sense the 3.3 volt signale from the port. Then those 3.3v signals are transferred through the opto couplers switching the 5v from the auxiliary 5v power supply creating 5v signals to the drives. This is to keep the machine voltages separate from the PC.
You need to make sure that your board can sense the 3.3v from the port.
Maybe someone else is familiar with that board but I don't know.
I have a Dell PC with a 3.3v port and it works well with the C-10 and the PMDX 122 but they are bot specified to accept 3.3v.
I wish I could help further and hope I did not confuse you too much.
Russ
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »
no please no confution the digram that you send me seam to make more, sense like i said before the Keling guy keep saing that the computer sure let out 5v true the DB cable but i tried several tower all with 3.7v volt to there parallel port so i thank you for all your help
1 more question which is the ENABLE?thank you russ
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
The enable is on each of the drives .
Just leave them UNCONNECTED which leaves the drives enabled.
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2010, 09:13:04 PM »
I must go now. I will check back tomorrow.
Good luck to you,
Russ
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
thank you very much i hope my inexperience di not incovinienced you to much
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »
Hello Russ do you have a minute
i rewiered the intire machine i also purchased a new break borad for a new application tried to connect the new break out bord to my computer and still nothing it is moving could be vista stopping from running
on the frist machine i took reading of a-,a+,b-,b+ and the last to have 12 v running but notihing was moving any idea?thank you again
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
Hi Carmine,
 I have no experience with Vista. I can only suggest that you start at the beginning of this topic and try what others here have done.
I wish I could have been of more help to you.
Perhaps someone with more experience will help out.
Russ
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:46 PM »
thank you Russ
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »
I'm a newbie to it all... just acquired a new CNC 3Kw spindle commercial router (just off the boat) for experimental production machining in aluminum.  I've got a variety of computers (all operable) of various ages and operating systems etc, that had been replaced by newer, faster machines.  I wonder if someone could refer me to a post or other source that describes an appropriate, optimum machine that I could to dedicate to Mach3, given the desirability of a parallel port for a quick start with perhaps something other than Vista as an operating system.  I'd like to know whether processor speed is more significant than memory in an older machine, whether XP is better than 95 or 98 to run the router, etc.  Seems sensible to wipe the hard drive clean, keep it away from the Internet, load Mach3 and maybe transfer G-code via floppy disk, flash drive or whatever, and keep it in the shop as a single-purpose computer.  Would really appreciate some guidelines for computer selection.             

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »
Hi Lazybear,

I have not tried all combinations but I use and can recommend WinXP SP2 and nothing else but essentials on the PC. This is quick to start-up and runs just fine for all my needs.

Tweakie.
PEACE