Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:29:07 AM

Author Topic: shuttle pro not working  (Read 6445 times)

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
shuttle pro not working
« on: January 25, 2007, 10:29:28 PM »
I got a Shuttle Pro and can't get Mach to recognise it. The Shuttle Pro software is not installed. Nothing works. I checked the "Reset device Selection" and rebooted. I got a "no shuttle detected of type selected" error upon next startup. This on two computers. I selected all choices in the plugin config screen. I then installed the Shuttle Pro software and everything works as it should. What should be my next step? I'm really dying to get this to work; makes my cnc conversion just like the "big guys" at work.

Thanks
Mark
Mark
Re: shuttle pro not working
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:34:58 PM »
You need to get rid of any software that came with the Shuttle.  I would suggest after you do that, reinstall the plugin.  Then it sounds like you did the config right but, on the Config plugins screen you need to enable the plugin.

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »
The Shuttle Pro software wasn't on the computer except to test the Shuttle Pro Unit. after determining that there was a problem. It did install the usb stuff when booted, but I don't think there's anyway around that. Plugin is enabled and mpg is also. Is this correct? Can't configure mpg.

Thanks
Mark
Mark
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
Have you tried disabling the mpg?  Have you reinstalled the Shuttle plugin after testing with the shuttle software?

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:50:51 PM »
I'll give these a try tomorrow, getting close to bedtime.
Thanks for the help

Mark
Mark

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 11:46:34 PM »
Don't use the software that comes with the shuttle.
Download the Shuttle plugin from the "download, plugin" page above and install in the plugins subdirectory
Start Mach, go to "config plugins" check to enable shuttle pro, select yellow config button and select your button options.
you'll be good to go.
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer
Onsrud & Custom CNC tooling Distributor

Wichita/Derby Kansas
http://www.beckwithdecor.com

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »
Quote:
"Don't use the software that comes with the shuttle.
Download the Shuttle plugin from the "download, plugin" page above and install in the plugins subdirectory
Start Mach, go to "config plugins" check to enable shuttle pro, select yellow config button and select your button options.
you'll be good to go."

Did all that. Only installed the software after trying on two computers unsucessfully to do anything. Will uninstall plugin & try again tomorrow
Mark

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:32:25 PM »
Still not working. Removed plugin from directory and started Mach then shut down & reinstalled plugin. Am I supposed to have MPG enabled or not? Not sure what to do next

Thanks
Mark
Mark

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 10:45:43 AM »
On Diagsostics page set Jog Mode to "cont" not "mpg" a quick check can you jog with your arrow keys? if not then your in mpg mode
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer
Onsrud & Custom CNC tooling Distributor

Wichita/Derby Kansas
http://www.beckwithdecor.com

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 04:22:03 PM »
OK, installed latest Mach ver. MPG not enabled. Still doesn't work. Still getting "no shuttle detected of type selected" error on startup. What can I do? I'm going crazy.

Thanks
Mark

Mark