Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:31:49 AM

Author Topic: re:CNC Lathe program  (Read 42723 times)

Re: re:CNC Lathe program
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 12:21:04 PM »
Rich
I understand i have to learn where and what boxes have to be filed in or checked i don't find Dolphin hard to use at all it's the end code right now that is the problem the code is incorrect in Mach so the post has a problem i am working with Dolphin to get it fixed.

Thanks
Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
What mode are you in (radius or Dia)
What problems are you having with the code?
I am wondering if you tried an older PP whether it would work.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
Dernnis,
Do you have the dxf import options set?
Defined the machine type? ( ie; dia or radius)
Have Mach configured correctly ? ie; turn options  and also config distance and ij mode.

Draw in diameter mode, import in diameter mode, pp in diameter mode, have Mach set for diameter mode. Do not mix is the point.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
Dennis,
Go to the Dolphin web site, SUPPORT>POST PROCESSORS
scroll down to the turning pp's and you will find the diameter and radius ones for Mach3.

Try the diameter one out.

I have attached a dxf for you to import. Define a button tool with a very small diameter, like 0.001" and use that to create code for just cutting a profile of the balls. All should work fine in Mach if Mach3 is configured correctly.

I am also attaching the code for the profile, this way you can play with the Mach settings or whatever. It does run.

BTW, I don't have anymore balls left..... ;)

RICH
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:49:26 PM by RICH »
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
Rich / Hood
Rich thanks for the code this will help me sort out where the problem is weather Mach or Dolphin, I had a lot of problem with Mach for my lathe then got it sorted with the help of Chip from this forum as i posted earlier Mach works just fine with the present cam programs i have they are just not that good for machining complicated shapes or inside turning facing ETC again my reason for looking at Dolphin. About the Balls its tuff getting older as its said getting old is not for sissies.
Hey Thansk for the extra ball though never know when a guy is going to need one.

Dennis

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:08:24 PM by DennisF »
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »
Rich
I loaded the code you post here into Mach for my lathe and got crop circles so while Mach works for my present setup it is not going to work for Dolphin i have Mach version R3.042.029 this is what i am presently running in the past when i have updated Mach it has screwed up the settings and then it a real pain to get thing's back up and running again would you think my present version of Mach to be the problem ?

Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »
Crop circles are because of one of the following.
1.As mentioned a while back your IJ mode could be set wrong, putting a G90.1 at the beginning of the code will assure it gets set right.
2. You have the option of Reverse Arcs for Front Toolpost set wrong or your tools are set wrong in the table.
If you cant get it attach your xml and I will look.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
In general config click absolute mode and also absolute for IJmode. Tick the diameter and reversed arcs in turn options.
That is what my settings are and get no crop circles.

Just purchased Dolphin but it is Rev 11 and need to get my license and play around.

RICH
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
Rich / Hood
So its not the version but the setup OK i will give it look and see if  the setting changes straightens it out thanks. OK i am in the system config of Mach i see the distance mode and IJ mode and i have changed them as Rich described but i do not see turn options in the sys cofig box where is this located?

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:58:53 PM by DennisF »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 02:25:23 PM »
OK i am in the system config of Mach i see the distance mode and IJ mode and i have changed them as Rich described but i do not see turn options in the sys cofig box where is this located?
Config menu then Ports and Pins then Turn Options.
Hood