Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:03:12 PM

Author Topic: My X axis headach  (Read 10351 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
My X axis headach
« on: June 26, 2012, 01:42:15 PM »
Hi Hood,
After about 5 years of tying to post on this forum, a nice guy called Jim told me how to start my tread and said you are the right person to talk to.
I have an unusual problem with my Jcut6090 router bought from China. It was built as a 3 axis with a rotary, with MACH3 running the router. It uses a USB  port. I was misslead to believe it was a 4 axis machine witch I have asked for. The router worked as they built it. I ordered a new stepper driver, and proceded to set it up to be a 4 axis machine. I wired the X and the A driver exactly as the Y&Z is done. Trying it out, found the X going in the wrong direction, in homing as well as pressing the arrow key on the keyboard. On the Motor Home/SoftLimits page clicked X reverse, the X still goes the wrong direction. Checked all the wire connections, they all are tight. Is there a setting in mach3 configurations, where I can switch the X axis direction, or do I have to change the motor wires for this axis.
Please help me out.
Mike Voros
Re: My X axis headach
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »
Hi its jim again, you've got it, however Hood has replied on my thread have a look. Jim

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »
I'm sorry about that Jim. I don't know how to approach him now. He is asking for my xml fie, and I don't know how to even attach it.
Mike.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
OK your xtml file is in your mach folder, whatever you named the profile, mine is triac.xtml. If you find it copy it because if your computer goes down this file has all your setting for your machine. It stores all your pin connections, directions and setting information. Thats why hood need it, he can look and tell you what pins are correct and what you need to change If you find the file copy and save it on your computer, then on an external store so if your computer fails you wont have to re-assign all you connections. When you reply to the Mach thread click on additional options, you will see attach a file, attach your xtml to it. Hood will look and solve your problem. Just for reference most problems are down to pin direction and assignment, mine was just a loose wire, checking all your connections I could not find anything wrong but I must have made the connection by just moving the wires on my Break out Board. Good luck, Jim

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
Thank Jim, you are a scolar and a gentleman.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »
Hi Mike, just attach your xml in here if you wish.
To see what name of file to look for if you open Mach and look lower right you will see Profile and then a name, the name is what you want to look for in your main Mach3 folder. If its a standard profile name such as Mach3Mill you will need to copy the file to some loaction on your computer then rename it as the forum only accepts a file name to be attached once and the standard profiles will already have been attached.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
Hi,
Forgive my lack of knowledge over this posting issue. I have tried many ways to attach the xml file but no luck. In the Mach3 directory there is a subdir.called xml backups. Here are all the previous xml backups, the latest one is today's JCut_Router.xb32. I did copy it to my other computer, rename it with xlm extention. Tried to attach it, it didn't go thru. Than I opened it with my brouser, tried to attach it that way, and I think the file size was too large it timed out. Next I used the WinRAR to compress it, and now I like you to tell me if this is how to get this file to you PPPlease.Mike

Ps. Is a rar file ok for you?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »
The file should be in the main folder rather than the backup but if you cant find it then a backup will do although it could possibly be a bit different if you have changed anything recently.
Just to clarify the extension should be xml rather than xlm and that may be why it wont attach.
If you wish RAR is fine.
If you still have issues send me a private message with your email address and I will send an email so that you can attach your xml to the reply to me.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
Hi Hood,
Some additional information about this machine. It has Jamen-40M (Compatible with Mach3) driver(?), and has a USB PLCX 6045M control card in it. The stepper drivers are Leadshine M542-05. Supposed to run at 100k pulse frequency. Like I said everything worked fine, until I separated the rotary axis wire and hooked up the motor wires to the X axis controller exactly as the Y & Z is wired.
Hope the xml file attaches this time. If it doesn't, than here is my email address ( don't know yours ): ncpro@cogeco.ca
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »
Ok dont know anything about that USB controller but you dont have any pins or port numbers for any of the Axis. I would imagine you would need them set up but possibly that is done in the plugin?
Do you have a link to the USB controller and possibly a link to the manual for it?
Hood