Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:32:06 PM

Author Topic: Noob need help  (Read 8618 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Noob need help
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »
Have a look on the downloads page there is a Vista part with a file and a readme.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
oh that when i downloaded it today i did that already :(
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 10:39:47 PM »
hey how you doing i finally go to get the machine to move well part of it -.- now yaxis or the xaxis want to move on the keys
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
i got it fixed!!!!! :) finally thank you for all your help but now i have no idea how to tell the machine the end of board and stuff like that

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 05:01:49 AM »
Good you got going :)
Telling the machine where it is will all depend on how your machine is set up. I think I saw in your xml you do not have limit or home switches so you will just have to move to a position on the table that your work is and set the DROs to that position. For example if you have code that has the middle of the part as X0Y0 then you would place the material on your table and move to the middle of it then zero the DROs in Mach. Same idea if  the corner was the zero point, just move to the corner and zero the DROs.

Having home switches can help you pick up again if you have lost position in a run or want to repeat on a second part etc. You can do similar to a homing setup by jogging to the  lower left corner and z fully up then press RefAll, that will zero the machine coords and then when you jog to where you want the work coords to be and then Zero the DROs you will have just set up a work offset. That means if you lose position for any reason it just needs you to jog to the extents again then press Ref All then when you ask the machine to go to X and Y work offset zero it will know where to go.
Hood