Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:43:22 AM

Author Topic: Welcome To The NC Pod Development, Discussion and Support Topic  (Read 73254 times)

Offline rcrabb

•  146 146
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome To The NC Pod Development, Discussion and Support Topic
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
I'll give it a shot. ;D
Ryan

Offline rcrabb

•  146 146
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 09:05:29 PM »
That did it :) Now I have one more question. It seems that my motors had more torque using the printer port. What is the differnces between the pulses of the printer port and the pod? Is the pulse width adjustable? Can anyone explain the settings in the Mach3 NCpod driver? Ooooops that was three questions.
Ryan
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 09:37:41 PM »
There is a pulse timing problem with the Pod... I had it hooked up to the scope today and tested it to the 9's ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
  • Fussy? Yep! That's Me ;)
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »
Ryan,

What Brian said is right, Art and the Pod designer are currently working on it, it will be fixed ASAP no doubt.

Dave
"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Greetings From Down Under
Dave Drain
Akela Noble Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
Team,

I am going to start a new thread for support documentation, Tips and Tricks. I will open it with a preliminary connection diagram and basic setup document. If we could reduce the number of questions in the thread it would be great, this will keep the trhread nice and clean and a good p[lace to go for help.

Dave
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Dave Drain

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »
Sorry for the large file size. but here is some video footage of my workshop machine running with Mach 3 and the NC Pod. The machine is Servo driven using MCG ID33003 Motors from Dan Mauch and our Tek10 TEKdrives. The spindle is a 2.2Kw 24,000 RPM AC Spindle Motor which is being driven with one of our inverters.

Dave

Thanks for showing the video, looks great.   I did get to see a Pod when Pete came visit me before christmas.   Certainly looks interesting to me, and so are the little deveopments Pete briefly discussed with me.

So you are getting 18m/min?  What motors, encoder count, reduction etc etc.

I wish I had time to play woth one, sometime soon I guess.

Wayne...

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 04:17:04 PM »
Wayne,

Thanks for the post. My machine is running with Tek10 TEKdrives, MCG ID33003 from Dan Mauch, US Digital E5DM - 500 differential Encoders. 1:1 to a 5 TPI ball Screw.

Developments, Oh Yes, some exciting things happening. Great to hear from you.

Regards

Dave
Dave Drain
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
Wayne,
I have no idea how you have the time to do all the stuff that you do! It would be so fun to retro the Mill that you did and it looks like you are having a good time with the lathe too... and Here I am Stuck to the KB ;(

Someday!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »
Bless your hart Brian. I'd settle for your leftovers. LOL ;D I have seen more post about stuff you have sitting around to play with than.................. well.................. stuff I have to play with. You guys should have fun. You work hard enough. You earn it.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 06:37:34 PM »
I have no idea how you have the time to do all the stuff that you do! It would be so fun to retro the Mill that you did and it looks like you are having a good time with the lathe too... and Here I am Stuck to the KB ;(

Someday indeed Brian LOL...   But truthfully just lately I have had what seems to be negative time!  The VMC has been running 8am - midnight most days of the week.  In fact just the other day I was still working at 2:30am, and took just the one day off over the christmas period.  But it was a big job I was never going to turn down...

But I do see some light there at the end of the tunnel, and the Hardinge will kick off again this month.  It needs to be anyway as the moment it's able to turn a real job I may be able to take a breather.

Lets hope oneday the POD will also be usable for lathes.

I have even considered a brand new VMC, but have decided maybe later!  50 grand is more than I can afford LOL...

Wayne....