Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:52:13 AM

Author Topic: Kasuga NC mill to CNC ?'s  (Read 55893 times)

Re: Kasuga NC mill to CNC ?'s
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »
The volts going into the panel are very low 12 -16 ish. I guess that entire panel is some sort of amplifier for the motor and it probably doesn't power on because the bandit isn't on? I'll trace the grey shielding wires to see where they go tomorrow.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2012, 02:28:31 AM »
That will be the spindle drive, basically a VFD if the motor is AC 3 phase.
Hood
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2012, 03:39:14 AM »
Oh no way! I thought I was gonna have to buy one of those. I have a new power supply on the way for the bandit control so I can see what works and what doesn't.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2012, 04:20:25 AM »
Try and find a make a model on it and you may be able to get a manual.
Hood
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »
Well about the only info I found so far is on a white card that says Lovejoy
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
I found their site but no info on that product. I just sent them an email hopefully they will be able to hook me up with a manual.  http://www.lovejoy-inc.com/resources/

« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:28:47 PM by K_Labs »
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »
Based on the way it is wired it looks alot like AC 3 phase. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow morning as soon as I get to work.

The power supply arrived today and it's not the right one. However I now have a spare 24VDC power supply and it was only $20.
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2012, 09:13:51 PM »
Oh so I have a status report on the bandit. I took the cover off the top and depressed a switch next to the 115/230 selector switch. It appears to be a breaker of some sort. I have a red Reload light come on and a red Reset light also that is in the front of the panel. Inside the control there are 2 cards that have led's one card has 6 led's and that has the 3 XYZ led's lit up under the word Null. The other card has a single red led that is lit up that I haven't determined what it is yet.

I have done further testing of the power supply. There is power coming out of 4 of the 6 leads on the transformer. I'll have to verify what letters and the Volts coming out of them. I can't remember off the top of my head.

So anyhow I found a power supply for a bandit on ebay. It's kinda pricey and I was wondering could I just replace my transformer and get it to work? If I choose to buy the one on ebay are bandit power supplies interchangeable? It looks like an older version of the power supply I currently have. My transformer is a Power One with 4 wires going in and 6 coming out. I believe the ones going out are A AT A B BT B the wires going in are 1 2 3 4. I really need some guidance here as I have no knowledge of what transformer to buy to replace it. I understand a little bit there is a chart on the back of it that tells me the way it's wired and what Volts and Amps it will output based on the different configuration. Any help, insight, or info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Afraid you would need to  find someone who knows the bandit controller to answer that question.
Hood
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »
So I actually talked to the guy who was supposed to work on the machine b4 we bought it. He filled me in on alot of good information. It is the Bandit 3 control and apparently that control won't work unless u have power going to everything. So basically I turned on the bandit turned on the main power switch and there are 2 buttons on the power knee on and off. Let's just say I feel a bit silly. So I power on the knee and hit the switch for my spindle motor and I can hear the motor starter engage. Still no display on the bandit but it's progress.