Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:25:49 AM

Author Topic: Galil Status  (Read 31681 times)

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Galil Status
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »
The latest plugin has a listbox where the desired controller is selected. Naturally the card must be present and talking with SmartTerm. If that works, then select the plugin, wait for it to time out as there is no card selected, choose the desired Galil controller, and proceed with the rest of the configuration. This is new stuff in the latest plugin only.

Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »
Version 4.0 of the Galil PlugIn has been released.  You can download it from the PlugIns download section.

Direct MPG support - The smoothest MPG jogging you will ever see!!!  (Kenny is the man!)
Axis mapping - Allows sinusoidal commutation axes to work plus greater freedom while commissioning the machine.
Smoother user interface (DROs and toolpath).
Probing support - G31 probes are now supported.  (However, the 3d probing plugin is not supported.)
Choice of two motion modes - Linear interpolation and contour mode.  You can choose which one works best for you!
Each different Mach profile can use a different Galil controller, if required.
Accelera (the latest and greatest from Galil) are supported.

Along with the PlugIn, there is a PDF user manual.  Be sure and read it as there are differences in the way input and output signals are handled (Ports and Pins) as compared to the V3 Plugin.

The Probing requires a special setup and it is not in the documentation as yet.  I will try and get that documented as soon as possible.

Thanks to all who tested this Plugin!

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »
Version 4.1 of the Galil Plugin has been released.

It corrects issues when running high encoder counts.  This one is capable of running 700 IPM with an encoder count as high as 32768.  It may go faster, but my motors are maxed out.

We will be working on threading and tapping now.  It will all be theoretical, as I don't have a machine that will do either.  But that is the next item on the list.

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 09:01:15 PM »
Version 4.2 of the Galil Plugin has been released.

The main addition is analog input support.

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »
Version 4.3 of the Galil Plugin has been released.

Encoder based spindle control.
Custom Notify messages.  This allows sending Galil commands to the controller with the VB NotifyPlugins() function.
Fast feed rate override and feed hold.
Slave homing options.
User configurable Extended I/O (experimental).

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
Version 4.4 of the Galil Plugin has been released.

Fixes a jog movement error when SoftLimits are enabled.
Adds the capability of overriding the limit switches if the LIMITOVRD signal is active.
Probing improvements.

Steve
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
It's probably very obvious if you've been here a while, but where can I download it please?. I have searched here but there are just too many hits.

Richard
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 01:24:28 PM »
Of course I hadn't looked in the one most obvious place... My embarrassment is doubled by apparently being unable to edit my original post after a certain amount of time :)

Richard