Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:15:24 PM

Author Topic: error message (easy fix im sure)  (Read 2811 times)

error message (easy fix im sure)
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:16:14 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to the site and fairly new with mach3.  I am building a plasma pipe cutter with a rotating chuck for the y axis.  It is mainly used to cut hexagon holes in round tube.  I think this might be something that might be caused by the way it's drawn in autocadd but my knowledge in autocadd is very limited.  The Gcode is created and the torch moves down the x axis to cut but when it gets to the point of firing the torch an error comes up "Radius to end of arc is differs from radius to startof arc".  That's one problem.  The second is that the y axis (chuck) doesn't move.  Even on programs with just straight lines the gcode shows it should be moving and the torch fire signal is on as it goes through the program but does not turn.  I can turn it in manual mode so i know the motor works etc.  Any help would be great! THX

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: error message (easy fix im sure)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
The error message is probably a wrong setting for ABS/INC IJK's.

FOr rotary work you should be using B axis if it is inline with Y.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure what you mean ABS/INC IJK's.  The rotary is actually labelled A but I'm assuming that the "y" in the code is referring to that motor.  Does that make sense?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »
I think you have some studying to do(;-).

IF the Axis motor for the rotary is A then the code that has to move it has to be A as well.

The machine has to be correctly set up as a rotary axis and the Gcode written specifically to what you want it to do.

ALSO the software you use to generate the gcode has to translate the flat drawing on to a curved surface to represent a flat plane cutout. I think it is called ortho correction.

Just a thought(;-) TP

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »
Thanks