Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:57:32 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys plugin install on K: ?  (Read 16763 times)

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys plugin install on K: ?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »
What do you mean by  "5. Nothing happens when i push the buttons on the pendant!", however you said that "The axis will not stop jogging when i release the button."

Please explain what you would like to do and then I will be able to help guide you through the process. Also, export your complete plugin settings and attach it here.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline msv

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 05:39:22 AM »
It is when i configure and send the inputs in Pokeys configuration tool, and then run Mach3 i get that result. I first thought that was the right method...

When i dont use the Pokeys config tool first, i get no response from my pendant.
I will soon attach the file, the machine is att home, and i am at my work....

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 06:58:22 AM »
You should only use Mach3 plugin configuration dialog for proper setup. PoKeys configuration tool in this case is mainly used for diagnostics.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
Try this, go into your Mach3 folder and rename the plugins folder to 1plugins. Next make a new folder called plugins and put the PoKeys plugin in that folder. Start Mach and see if it works. If it does then it is likely another plugin that is interfering.
Hood

Offline msv

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »
Hood; Now i have tried that, with no luck!

Here is my configurataion XML -file attached.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
Can you try this one? Just open the configuration, review it again and click OK.
Pins were not set as inputs by default.

Offline msv

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:39 PM »
Thanks!
Now the buttons is working!
Now i just have to figure out how to setup the MPG. I have a switch to chose between the axis, but what setting is it for the MPG?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 01:02:21 PM »
MPG is an encoder, so you should setup one of the encoders and map it to appropriate Mach3 DRO.

Offline msv

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
Do i need to configure the MPG under ports and pins also? If so, what port number should i use?
I cant get any signal from my rotary encoder in Mach3, i know that it works, because i have tested it in Pokeys utility.

Thanks!

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »
Forget about ports and pins if you are using PoKeys plugin in Mach3. These are limited to pins present on the LPT port and have nothing to do with PoKeys devices.

Go to plugin configuration and click on the tab 'Encoders'. Configure one of the encoders by selecting which pins on PoKeys device you have connected your MPG to. Then just select the desired Mach3 DRO.