Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 12:00:14 AM

Author Topic: NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01  (Read 52467 times)

Offline SScnc

•  77 77
    • View Profile
Re: NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 06:24:48 AM »
So I guess with the new pokeys plug-in, Mach3 can run 9 Axis?

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 06:30:18 AM »
So I guess with the new pokeys plug-in, Mach3 can run 9 Axis?

Have a look at the manual on page 3 in reply 8 of this thread.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
I tried the encoders out today and they seem to be fine when viewing in the pokeys software but I cant seem to get them displaying in Mach. I set a user DRO and also tried the X encoder DRO but I dont see anything in the DRO.
Any ideas?
Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
I tried the encoders out today and they seem to be fine when viewing in the pokeys software but I cant seem to get them displaying in Mach. I set a user DRO and also tried the X encoder DRO but I dont see anything in the DRO.
Any ideas?
Hood

Can you send me your encoder configuration in the plugin? Go to Import/Export tab, select encoders and click Export.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 03:46:11 PM »
Here it is, I have tried on pins 1 and 2 as well but this one is pins 8 and 12 and ultra fast encoder.
Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 06:57:16 AM »
Here it is, I have tried on pins 1 and 2 as well but this one is pins 8 and 12 and ultra fast encoder.
Hood

You mapped ultra fast encoder to OEM DRO 1003 - I don't know this one. Do you display it by yourself?
What if you try the DRO 101 - MPG 1 count DRO? Does the MPG 1 value in Mach3 change?

Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:02 AM »
Yes 1001 to 1003 are on my test screen but they are not being written to.
I had previously tried using the X encoder DRO and have just tried with MPG1 DRO and still nothing coming through. I have also tried setting up a blank profile just in case there was something wrong in the profile I was using but still get nothing.

On another note, the Fast encoders seem to work well whilst monitoring via the Pokeys raw encoder values and my drives software. I have tested for hours on end at 4000rpm with 8000 pulses per rev (533KHz) and they never miss a beat. This is even though the warning is up that max scan rate is exceeded.
When I set up as Ultra fast encoders it is not so accurate and misses a lot of counts for some reason.

Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
Yes 1001 to 1003 are on my test screen but they are not being written to.
I had previously tried using the X encoder DRO and have just tried with MPG1 DRO and still nothing coming through. I have also tried setting up a blank profile just in case there was something wrong in the profile I was using but still get nothing.

On another note, the Fast encoders seem to work well whilst monitoring via the Pokeys raw encoder values and my drives software. I have tested for hours on end at 4000rpm with 8000 pulses per rev (533KHz) and they never miss a beat. This is even though the warning is up that max scan rate is exceeded.
When I set up as Ultra fast encoders it is not so accurate and misses a lot of counts for some reason.

Hood

Is your PoKeys device detected by Plugin or does the plugin states ' - not detected'? Do you use multiple application with the same PoKeys device (Mach3 and PoKeys software)? Try using only one of them.

Regarding the ultra fast encoder - this uses hardware decoder and should handle a lot higher impulse rates. We hadn't had problems with it, but will check again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »
Yes the pokeys device is detected by the plugin, I previously had another connected and it is the list as undetected but the setup is for the one that is connected. I dont see a way to remove the previous one  from the list but likely I could edit the xml to remove it.
 I only either have Mach or Pokeys software open  and not both.
I will install Mach to a different location so that I can eliminate issues that may have been caused with my testing of Brians Alpha plugin, will let you know if that helps.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 08:28:55 AM »
Ok I have it working, not sure where the issue is but I think it has to do with some plugin. I installed Mach to a new location and deleted all plugins that were there and added the pokeys one and it worked. Went back to my original Mach location and renamed the plugins folder and made a new one with only the pokeys plugin in it and it too is working on MPG1. Will see if I can find which plugin is interfering and report to Brian.
Hood