Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 12:06:40 AM

Author Topic: NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01  (Read 52468 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NEW: 'Official' PoKeys Mach3 Plugin - 'alpha' version v0.01
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
Ok it was one of Brian previous alpha plugins tha was stopping things working. Even though I didnt have it enabled it must still be getting seen by Mach and screwing things up. Not likely too many people have that so it shouldnt happen to others but just in case then if you can tell them to delete any previous PoKeys plugins it may solve the problem.
Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 09:17:34 AM »
Ok it was one of Brian previous alpha plugins tha was stopping things working. Even though I didnt have it enabled it must still be getting seen by Mach and screwing things up. Not likely too many people have that so it shouldnt happen to others but just in case then if you can tell them to delete any previous PoKeys plugins it may solve the problem.
Hood

Thank you for finding the root of the problem.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 09:27:52 AM »
Would there be a possibilty to write a value to the chosen DRO for the encoder on seeing a signal in on the index? What I am meaning is if for example I am wishing to use the encoder inputs to monitor machine coords. So if you homed the machine you would input a signal on 9, 11 or 27 and that would presumably zero the encoder in the pokeys? However if the home switches were not  at the end of travel in Mach it is normal to have a home off value so that when you home instead of the machine coords going zero they get set to the value that is in Home Off setting and thus that is what you would want the encoder in Pokeys to be set to.
If its not an easy task it should be easy enough to do by writing to another DRO from a Brain but it adds another layer and doing in the pokeys plugin would be preferable.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 09:51:28 AM »
Just tried to use the index input to zero the raw values, it does but if the setting is enabled to allow that the encoder is not counting, it just jumps 0-1-0-1 etc. when the encoder should be counting.
Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »
At the moment, encoder values are only read from PoKeys. Although the values of the encoders (except the Ultra Fast one) can be set to any value, we tried to minimize the number of commands sent to PoKeys device to improve the response times of the device. We can add a predefined fixed DRO value offset to each encoder.

I don't really understand your last question - you mean that although the index input is high, the encoder is not counting?
The 0-1-0-1 sequence also indicates that only one of the encoder inputs receives pulses - please check your connections and pins (Ultra fast encoder connects to pins 8 and 12, 13 is the index input).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
Ok if I enable the index to reset the encoder values it works fine in that it indeed zeros the encoder in pokeys.
 What I have is a switch connected between Gnd and Pin 9. However as soon as I enable that setting in the pokeys software and send to device the encoders do not count, they displayed value "twitches" but does not increase or decrease with the encoder. They work fine if that Index setting is disabled so I dont think it is a wiring issue.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
I am uploading a vid to youtube to show you what I mean. Will post a link once its uploaded.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
Ok here it is, I have written a description of what I am doing below the vid.
http://youtu.be/kW8rgX5EZtg

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 11:45:25 AM »
Let me know when you have seen it and I will delete it from youtube.
Hood

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »
Ok, I get it now. I will check the firmware and let you know if there will be update available.