Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:12 AM

Author Topic: Where Can I Buy Some C4....  (Read 9456 times)

Re: Where Can I Buy Some C4....
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »
Only difference I see regards the spindle is the frequency you have the spindle setting at, doubt that would affect anything though.  I am curious though, you have massive numbers in for  the filtering, do you really need that? Most I ever needed was 1.43 on if I recall the MPG when using the SS.

How are you coming on with the Kflop, thought you were switching to it?

Hood

Hood,

What filters are you referring to?

I am still working on the KFlop, and it's getting close.  I went ahead and started writing my own CNC Controller app for it, written in c#, which is coming along very nicely, but I just don't have a lot of time to work on it.  Most of it is now working, but I have a lot of details to clean up.  A screenshot of the main page is below, along with one of the toolpath display I intend to integrate into it.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »
I am talking about the filtering in SS/ESS config, you have 2000 for the first 4 and 500 on the last 3. I found whilst testing things out in the SS a long while back that 50 affected the E-Stop quite dramatically so what 500 and 2000 are doing I dont know. Maybe things have changed since I did the testing but I am not aware of it.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 10:55:08 AM »
I am talking about the filtering in SS/ESS config, you have 2000 for the first 4 and 500 on the last 3. I found whilst testing things out in the SS a long while back that 50 affected the E-Stop quite dramatically so what 500 and 2000 are doing I dont know. Maybe things have changed since I did the testing but I am not aware of it.

Hood,

Yeah, when I was writing down all the old settings I was also surprised to see that, as I don't recall ever setting any filtering - my machine is very "quiet".  I have to wonder if that snuck in as part of the dozens of new versions of Mach3 and/or SS that I've installed over the last six months, in trying to debug the problems I've had.  That's exactly why I wanted to do a clean install, and make sure I wasn't carrying over anything that might help explain the problems.  I don't see how that filtering could explain anything I'm seeing however.

Regards,
Ray L.

Hood
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »
Well all I can say is I have just tested setting my MPG/Encoder filtering to 2000 and if you have a MPG I dont have a clue how it works because mine wouldnt if I wound at anything more than very very.................................... very slow. If its having that effect on the MPG what its doing to the others may be similar.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
Well all I can say is I have just tested setting my MPG/Encoder filtering to 2000 and if you have a MPG I dont have a clue how it works because mine wouldnt if I wound at anything more than very very.................................... very slow. If its having that effect on the MPG what its doing to the others may be similar.
Hood

Hood,

My MPG is connected to a ModIO, not the SS, so it's not affected.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Hood,

BTW - I only have home/limit switches on my Z axis, not the other three, and no spindle sensor, so those big filter values really should not have any affect on anything of consequence.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Shouldn't, well they will on the Z but who knows what else they will affect, Do you not use a probe of sorts for tool height setting? Thought you did but maybe I am thinking of someone else.
Anyway no point in have the filtering so high even though it is very unlikely to be the cause of your present issues.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »
Hood,

Yes, I use probing quite extensively.  I've zeroed out all those filters.  Brian helped me get the spindle going.  I have a VFD, so the spindle control is two relays and a PWM.  The PWM was the problem because I hadn't set the motor tuning for the spindle axis.  But I completely don't get the relevance, or meaning, of "Steps Per" and "Velocity" for a PWM spindle.....

The Z axis is still backwards, and both Brian and Greg are scratching their heads over that one.

Meanwhile, I finally got motivated to finish up the last few nits to get the KFlop going using their CNC controller app, and I believe it's now ready for prime time.  All seems to be working properly now on that front.  I think tomorrow I'll take it out for a maiden voyage, and see how it goes.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
Never had anything otherthan servo spindles under Mach control so afraid I dont know anything about PWM.
Hope Kflop works out for you like Mach does for me :)
Hood