Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:25:40 AM

Author Topic: Motor tunning does not show up  (Read 3722 times)

Motor tunning does not show up
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:19:51 AM »
When I go to Config menu and I select Motor tuning it does nothing.  I've used this extensively a few months ago to configure my machine but for some reason it does not open the window for motor tuning now.  How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Motor tunning does not show up
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 08:27:23 AM »
Hi, Enytned1

Do the rest of your config menu items work / open up, if so probably the only way to fix this is to reinstall Mach3.

If not, do you have a password assigned under Operator, Lock / Unlock.?

Had the same thing happen hear once, just no Motor Tuning.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »
The rest of my items are fine, just the motor tuning.  I don't have any passwords setup and I have never used this function.
I will try to reinstaling the software.  Other than the XML file are there any other files I should backup before reinstalling?  Also, how do I select different machine setups(Different XML files)?

Hood

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »
To select a different profile you start with the Mach3 Icon rather than the Mach3Mill Icon, you can then set up a new profile.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 11:52:34 PM »
I reinstalled the latest version of Mach3 and the motor tuning is working again.  Thanks for the suggestion.  The newer version looks a little different, I like it.
Amazing software, it certainly is better than the junk I have to use in my day job on those industrial machines.

Thanks again,