Hello Guest it is November 14, 2019, 10:13:14 PM

Author Topic: Galil plugin configuring  (Read 2196 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Galil plugin configuring
« on: December 08, 2011, 05:24:22 PM »
Hi all,

The worst part so far has been trying to get my computer and Galil DMC-4040 to communicate with each other.  After that questions and minor problems but nothing much.  Presently Mach 3 recognizes the limits and encoders so in effect I have a manual mill with DRO.  I can't seem to get the servos to turn on or move.  I think I may have the Plugin configured wrong, or not at all.  I went through the manual and remember setting things the first time but might not have hit apply or save.  I can't find the any of the screens that are in the manual.  I especially want to see what kind of motor Mach3 "thinks" I have.  I think that's where my problem lies.  I usually don't have problems installing programs and getting stuff to communicate but really dread uninstalling anything after the nightmare I went through the first time.  Do I need to uninstall and then  install everything again or is there an easy way?
Re: Galil plugin configuring
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:05:10 PM »
The Galil plugin doesn't show up under the top bar 'plugins' menu.  You have to go to the 'config' menu for plugins.  I missed that detail at first and drove myself crazy installing/re-installing for about an hour.
Re: Galil plugin configuring
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:30:37 PM »
Thank you Instance,

You saved me way more than an hour for sure.  Its under Config -> Config PlugIns -> configured (right most column which apparently is a button).

I was there a few times and just never clicked on the correct place.  As it turns out, it is configured right, as far as servos.  Now I have to come up with another reason for it not working.

I'll have to type up a long letter describing whats going on and post it tomorrow.  Hopefully it'll make sense to someone.  I'll start a new thread with a more accurate title.  Thanks again for the help, it really did save me some major time.