Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 04:04:13 AM

Author Topic: Need Servo Motors  (Read 3865 times)

Need Servo Motors
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
Good morning.  I'm looking at upgrading a few of my mills to AC servo systems.  I want to buy the BE25A20AC AMC analog drives but I'm having trouble sourcing servo motors that will work.  Everything I find is just as much or more than the drive costs.  Is that typical?  Can anyone help me find some cost effective Servo Motors that will work with these drives?  I'd like to have motors that are about .75kW or 1kW power ratings and that have about 2000ppr encoders.  Is this realistic?  Thanks very much.
Re: Need Servo Motors
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »
Make sure that that drive can drive an AC motor.
IIRC it has a trapezoidal output wave form making it suitable for DC brushless motors only.

The AC in the part number means that they take AC as input as opposed to DC for input.

AC motors take sinusoidal wave input.

Of course if I am all wet someone will be along to correct me.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
Here is a copy of the drive I want to use.  Please let me know what you think!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »
According to the data sheet is will run DC or brushless DC motors. The commutation is trapezoidal not sinusoidal so I don't think they will run an actual ac servo motor.

Best bet would be a phone call to AMC to be certain.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 04:35:57 AM »
Also you need Halls sensors inside brushless motor for using AMC drive. Of course any chance to use it with AC induction motor!
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »
An old post, but No you cannot run an induction motor with the AMC drive.
Nosmo.