Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:33:46 PM

Author Topic: Sound with out movement (JOG)  (Read 10679 times)

Re: Sound with out movement (JOG)
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 04:37:18 PM »
Your machine is made by yoocnc (china) have you got this manual
www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/3020t/CNCusermanual.doc
Jim

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:15 PM »
Hello Jim,

I had a look on the cnc zone site that recommended, the first video clip showed some movement at least, with my machine I seem to get a grinding sort of sound on the z axis motor and it looks as if its trying to move but something is holding it back.
I will be going away for the weekend, when I get back I will have another look at it and see if I can find something that might help.

I might also get back to the guy that I purchased the machine from (The Importer) a local person and see if he can shed some light on the problem.
I didn't realise that it would be so difficult to get the machine up and running. Never mind we will keep at it and I hope that I will find the answers. I will keep you all informed of the progress.

Regards,

Lou

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 02:08:31 AM »
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your continued help with my problem. I have just returned from a weekend away from my home and I'm back on the case trying to solve this mystery of mine.
Firstly let me tell you that I live in Melbourne Australia and not the USA as you may have thought.

Jim, Its interesting the manual that was given to me when I purchase my machine gave different set of 
confiruration figures for the motor tuning to the ones that you have made me aware of. Thanks for sending me this version and I have now tried the configuration in the manuel that you refered me to.

This was the result of the changes that I made after looking at the Manual that you asked me to look at.

Using the mouse and the pop out of mach3 3 to jog the cnc machine.

Clicking on the [X+] button - I get a grinding sound out of the (Z Axis) motor. Clicking on the [X-] button I get static movement on the (Y Axis). A Jerking type of movement,and very slow.

Clicking on the [Y+] button I'm able to hear a faint click in the motor of the (Z Axis). If I click [Y-] button I get a grinding sound in the (Z Axis) again as if its trying to jog, but no movement occurs.

Jim, I have just retried again, and its do different thing again. I now only have movement on the Y axis when Click on the [x+] button I jog to nearly the end of the table and then when I released the button, wan click [X-] button,
the machine jogged in the opposite direction back towards home.

It seems to have a mind of its own, doing different things at different times without  me changing any of the configurations details that I have put into place.

Would this be a controller box problem? would it be defective perhaps? or could they have assembled the thing incorrectly? could this be possible?
Lou   
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 02:43:30 AM »
Hi Lou. as I said I'm no electronics person but I think it maybe a controller box problem (maybe a bad earth or a loose connection). If the bloke who supplied it is nearby contact him. Remember if you open the box and mess you might infringe the garuantee. As Hood once said to me if it comes from China and comes out of the box working chances are it will continue to work. If it don't work send it back or get in touch with the supplier. If I was a betting man (i'm not) I think you have controller box problems or your computer is not compatable. Jim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 12:24:04 PM »
Lou,

Something Hood mentioned earlier. It may be a good idea to check your parallel cable for continuity to make sure it is good and that pin 1 connects to pin 1 and that pin 2 connects to pin 2 and so on. You would not be the first person to have a dodgy lead.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:50 AM »
Hello Jim and Teakie,

Okay, thanks again, How do you suggest that I check that the parallel cable connections? to line up the pins?
Yep that's the other thing that I will do this week!! contact the seller and speak to him regarding this problem.

Regards,

Lou  :-[

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
Lou,

Use a multimeter set to continuity test or take the lead to someone with a multimeter and ask then to test it (check for continuity to make sure it is good and that pin 1 at one end connects to pin 1 at the other end and that pin 2 connects to pin 2 and so on).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 03:43:48 AM »
Hello Tweakie,

Well you hit the nail on the head!! Faulty lead- Yep jogging away very happy now. Can you believe it!! its been driving me crazy to get this thing to jogging,
and with your suggestion  we found the answer to the problem. Thank you, thank you so much.

Now I start to learn how to drive this machine, Hopefully it will be great fun!!

I will keep in touch with the progress.

Regards,

Lou  :) :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 04:17:41 AM »
Great news Lou, I am pleased you have it working.

Tweakie.
PEACE