Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:06:56 AM

Author Topic: Sound with out movement (JOG)  (Read 10600 times)

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Sound with out movement (JOG)
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:49:47 AM »
Hello I'm very new on this forum and indeed to the world of cnc Routers
My name is Lou and I have had a couple of post regarding my problem with jogging, however for some reason
I can't seem to be able to post on that thread, so i have started a new thread.

I purchased a wgit 6040 cnc machine on e-bay, I have purchase Mach3 soft ware and a second hand computer with XP windows,
so far so good. 

I then proceeded to configure the software to the specifications in the manual supplied with the machine.
I have configured the soft are as as per the attachments.

Now My problem is this when I push my arrow keys my DRO's indicate movement . All okay to this stage.
Next I turn on my driver and try to jog the axis on the machine, movement is indicated on the DRO'S but I get no movement out of the machine on any of the axis,
all I get is a grinding sound from my z axis motor as if its trying to move but its not able to or something is holding it back.

Please advise me, if should be doing something else or am I doing something that is creating my problem.

Regards,
Lou :( :-\

Re: Sound with out movement (JOG)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »
Hi Lou Might be stating the obvious but have you used the motor tuning config on X Y and Z axis on mach, sounds as if you are asking the motors to do to much or to little

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »
Hi Jim,

I have configured the x, y and z axis is indicated on the attachments, the only motor that I get the noise from as if its attemptingf to jog is the z axis,
the y and X axis do nothing.

Lou
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:07:11 AM »
Hi Lou, I could not download your attachments, however I could not see the motor tuning page in you pictures. Its under config pull down called motor tuning. If you dont stick to the motor parameters they make terrible noises. I aint very good at CNC but that man Hood is if you can catch his eye on the forum. Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 12:09:27 PM »
Can you attach your xml and I will have a look and see if I can find a problem with your config.
Hood

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 05:13:24 AM »
Hi Hood,
Pardon my ignorance, What does XML stand for?

Lou

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
It is your configuration file.
If you open Mach as normal and on the main page you should see the name of the profile you are using lower right of the screen. Next go to your Mach 3 folder and look for a file with that name and a file extension of xml.
Copy that to your desktop and rename it Lou.xml then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse and attach the renamed xml.
Hood

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 02:39:40 AM »
Hi Hood,
I opened Mach as normal and checked the main page as you said, Profile is showing "MILL"
Then you asked me to go to Mach3 folder!! Not sure how I find this folder to look for the file with the the name
file extension of xml.

Lou

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »
It is where ever you installed Mach to, the default is C:\Mach3

Hood

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 04:36:08 AM »
Sorry Hood, I need lots of guidance, I think this is what you asked for in the attachment.

Regards and thanks,

Lou