Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:07:18 AM

Author Topic: Sound with out movement (JOG)  (Read 10601 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Sound with out movement (JOG)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 06:31:46 AM »
Dont see anything seriously wrong with the xml assuming the pins are correct (they are with the documents) Your acceleration on the motors may be a bit high though, try dropping it to 50 and see if it helps.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 07:28:45 AM »
Hi Lou,

This may sound really stupid but you have "twisted to release" the EStop button on the front of your mini controller haven't you ??

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 05:39:12 AM »
Hello Hood and Tweakie,
Ye the e-stop button on the controller is or has been twisted. Okay hood i will attempt to reduce the speed on the motors.
Do I do do that in my configuration tab in motor tuning.

Lou
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 06:03:11 AM »
Hi Lou its Jim, yes, I did mine by going on the motor tuning page and dragging the sliders on speed and acceleration till I got my motors to work. Remember to save the settings before trying them. When I had them working to what I wanted I noted down the figures for future reference. Start of with slow movements and build up till they start to give you problems. Back off a littel as changing directions a top traverse speeds can cause failures. Good luck.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 06:26:30 AM »
Hi Lou forgot to say watch out when dragging the sliders you will notice the graph numbers change. Thats how I could not get mine to work when I first set up the machine. I was on the highest scale  and the steppers could not handle the speeds I asked for. Jim

Offline Lou

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »
Hello Jim,

I have tried the sliders on the motor tuning, Still no luck in getting movement on my machine.
Jim at a loss at what to try next.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas !!
I'm also hoping that  hood might still come up with a possible solution to my problem.

Regards,

Lou  :'(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 05:48:31 AM »
Just to recap, you get a noise but no movement from Z when you try to Jog and other axis are just dead, no noise or movement when you try to Jog.
Is that correct?
If so then you really need to start metering the port and parallel cable to make sure that is ok and if it is then its either a faulty driver/breakout or wiring wrong or pin assignment wrong.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 06:54:17 AM »
Hi Lou Hoods your man to sort this out however a few thing to look at. My problems started by me taking the old wiring from my denford mill and assuming the colour coming out of the motor was the same all the way trough to the steeper drives (WRONG) so I ended up cross wiring  my X and Y drives, unlike you my stepper drive burnt out. Expensive error. My Z moved but the X and Y just melted the steeper drive, luckily your OK.
Lou they the following
On the diagnostic page look to see of there are any red lights on (overtravel and stops activated).
Check that the computer output is stable (if you look at the Resoursce on the MAch internet file and watch and listen to the videos on setting the system up it will tell you how to do that.
Check for loose connections you have made, my spindle kept stooping in mid program running, it was a loose wire going into the BOB.

From the sound of it you dont appear to have any power to your X and Y. as I said my machine conversion was from and old 1988 Denford Triac which had 4 wire steppers, if they are not matched in pairs that could be your problem with the Z axis as my axis grumbled the first time I wired it up. A simple electronic tested will tell you the pairs of wires.. Lou dont know how much you have had to do to connect it all up but it appears you havent got power to your X and Y axis.
Keep in contact with the forum and you will sort it out, I did and I'm as thick as two short planks when it comes to electronic. Got so many notes on how I set it up if it goes wrong I should be able to fix it, maybe with help from Hood. As I said before if not someone on the forum will help.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 12:43:52 PM »
Hi Lou just looked at the machine you purchased off ebay, all my stuff about the motors is not relevant. Have a look on the diagnostic page and see if any of the overrides are stopping you moving the axis, failing that there might be something wrong in your blue box controller or as Hood says the rs232 or your computer outputs. I'm in the UK (Birmingham) so anything I can help with let me know I assume your in the USA. Jim
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 12:50:41 PM »