Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:08:50 PM

Author Topic: Help getting MACH3 working  (Read 15909 times)

Help getting MACH3 working
« on: October 06, 2011, 12:17:37 AM »
I am having quite a few problems getting my DIY machine operating. I bought it used (nevered actually been used) it is a 2' x3' and it came from Fine Line on the web. Everything did or does power up, I fail the diagnostic test everytime but the MACH3 diagnostic page said my pulse frequency was 24800. The unit does not jog and no table (red outline shows up on the home page). I took some screen shots of the diagnostic test page that show me how bad my Khz were and some images of the Mach3 config page (Ports and Pins etc.). I have uninstalled and reinstalled then uninstalled and rebooted then reinstalled Mach3 and rebooted...still nothing. Does anyone have some sort of idea of where I might check next since I am getting tired of unistalling and reinstalling. I can send images (pdf file) if anyone is interested in helping.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Help getting MACH3 working
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:51:41 AM »
Post your xml file and someone will have a look at how Mach is configured.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
Please excuse my newness but Where do you find the XML file?
Thanks

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
CncDaddy, where are you? Is your machine wired up and ready to go? Are the steppers locked up upon powering up your controller. I am away from my pc but IIRC look under computer/c drive/ Mach3/ (what ever profile you have created) or are you using the master? There is a bit to learn here. Don't worry it will take some time to learn where the answers are.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
Have you optimized your pc for Mach? Setting the EPP and turning off all sleep or hibernation modes etc?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
I'm at work but I will check tonight and get back with you on the data

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »
I just got home to my PC and it is as I remembered C:\Mach3\ then look under what the profile name is and over to the right it will say what kind of file it is, in this case an XML document. If you click on this, it will open the XML file showing all of your settings within Mach (it might not make any sense to you at first). You could copy this file and send it or a screenshot but I would think they might prefer the file.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:49:47 PM by Fastest1 »
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »
I have ascertained the XML files, I am pretty good with a computer, so I know that may come in handy. I have both mymill XML and the Master but I am only posting Mymill. I will or can post the other if it would help.

- I turned off everything I could, Power, hibernation, Sleep modes, screen savers, my virus protection etc., no worries I'm not hooked up to the internet so I am not worred about my virus protection, besides I will turn it on periodically to do a sweep of my CPU.

I have complete specs of my CPU:

-Operating System:
XP professional vers 2002
Service Pack 2

- My MACH Driver:
Mach 3 driver
4/11/2010
Version 5.50.0.0

- CPU:
HP Compact dx2250
AMD Athlon 64 processor
1.8ghz, 1 GB ram
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

-Printer Port Specs:
I/O 0378-037F
I/O 0778-077B

-Port1:
I/O 03f8
IRQ 4

What is an EPP / EPP Settings??

I have attached an XML file

I hope this data will help, I'm ready to get moving...need to make some Xmas presents.

I will say it again, I really appreciate all of your help.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 10:34:50 PM »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 11:13:26 PM »
cncdaddy,
You need to configure Mach before trying to use the software.

Ports and pins
-Non of the motors are enabled or step direction state defined
Motor Tuning
-no motor tunng is defined unless you are using the generic which i doubt is correct

RICH