Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:43:31 AM

Author Topic: getting no motion  (Read 12921 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: getting no motion
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 04:03:47 PM »
farmertwingolf,
Not here to spare with you. My wish is for you to have a positive experience with the community of all the users and enjoy Mach.
I certainly didn't judge your posting in bad light since if that were the case there would be no post to reply back to.
My reflection was not towards you, should not be taken as such, and if so then accept a personal apology from me to you and you only.

RICH

farmertwingolf

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
Thank you rich. I appreciate that and apologize if I had taken it the wrong way. I am still having issues with the settings calculating the steps. Z seems ok but x and y aren't cooperating.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 06:39:29 AM »
Try Mach's axis calbration feature which is located above Reset on the Settings (Alt-6) screen. My experience is with steppers so will leave the tuning
of your servos to those who use servos since I have a stepper system.

RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »
Could be you have electronic gearing set in the Dugong if the calcs are not coming out to what you expect. The steps per utility that Rich mentions should get you close but personally I prefer calculating things as the utility will only be as accurate as your measuring where calculating will be as accurate as your hardware.
Hood

farmertwingolf

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 07:17:42 PM »
I used the mach3 settings and got the machine to move .025 when commanded using a dial indicator. I'm having two problems, its traveling too far when commanded to move in mdi mode.  And when I use the virtual jog buttons it travels smooth in one direction and slow and jerky in the other. Same settings for each direction I assume.   

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 02:07:38 AM »
Can you attach your new xml and I will see if there is an issue. Jogging should be the same both ways, could possibly be you have the Step active Hi/lo setting the wrong way for your drives.
Hood

farmertwingolf

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »
I turned the step pulse to 5 and the dir pulse to 3 in motor tuning and it seems to have straightened it out.

farmertwingolf

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »
I changed the active high/low setting and now the axis' move with the step and dir settings at zero. It goes consistent in one direction then when I change directions it goes off about .010 then goes correct if I continue that direction.  A backlash issue maybe. The machine didn't have backlash issues with the anilam controller. I decided maybe I need to use servo tuning software to maybe fine tune it, but now using servoconfig3 software the servo idles so bad its shaking the machine. Nothing is being consistent.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »
Backlash enabled?
Hood

farmertwingolf

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »
No