Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:05:18 AM

Author Topic: getting no motion  (Read 12919 times)

farmertwingolf

Re: getting no motion
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 06:47:34 AM »
I agree about the value and hoods advice has been priceless. I bought a small router from craigslist that had the pc.  I have sold the router since it wouldn't cut aluminum but kept the pc. It had mach installed already, I did not know it was a pirated version.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 07:20:53 AM »
I have no problem with people using pirate Mach, its up to them, where I do have a problem with people who do use a pirate version is when they come here and ask for help. It seems rather cheeky to me to do that, especially as Mach Demo mode is very generous in its features and the low price of a licence anyway if you need the full options.

Now I hear what you are saying about how you came by the licence, I hear that all the time, it may be genuine, may not but I give the benefit of the doubt :)

Hood

farmertwingolf

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »
Thank you. At this point I don't know if I'm going to have to buy more hardware, replace hardware, or hire someone to get it running.   Once its running I will get the correct version and send new xml

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
You will unlikely need more hardware, it is probably you have the wrong pins assigned for the motors or possibly the wrong port address. Also the steps per unit will likely not be right, depends what encoders, any reduction etc for that but think it was set at 2000 per inch so it would likely make your axis move very slow at that setting.

Up to you if you want to use a hacked licence but there are known issues which may bite you in the arse. I would suggest you delete the Mach folder and the driver from device manager and dowload and install the latest Mach and use the demo version, the limitations are few and lots of people quite happily use the demo version.

Hood
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:15:47 AM by Hood »

farmertwingolf

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:18 AM »
Right now I think I need to disable the schp on both breakout boards. Hoping that fixes it

farmertwingolf

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
Ok.   Getting movement now from mach.  The axis' are not going the distances that the dro is saying they are in mdi mode. What do I adjust to correct this?   Also it seems to travel further in one direction than the other sometimes but still wrong amount.  Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 03:31:18 AM »
Steps per unit need set to your hardware.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »
farmertwingolf,
Just can't restrain myself from reflecting on the situation. Consider yourself falling into a "grey zone". Let me explain........
The intent of any demo software  is to allow a user time to evaluate the software before paying for it, such that post purchasing, they are
confident that what they purchased will satisfy their needs.....thus no regrets. The demo is liberal in what it provides from an evaluation point of view
due to no time restraints on it's use. I believe we provide the best support above and beyond what one could ever find. That support comes from
a graciuos giving community of users.

So hope you have a positive experience during your evaluation and find that Mach is worthy of purchase.

RICH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a little personal reflection on any pirated user having the gall to use me or the community ...........

Where you got your rotten eggs and bacon from is no concern of mine and only request that they be taken to a different restaurant for preparation
as there is no more free seating available nor free coffee to go!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 08:54:37 AM »
Well said Rich.

Tweakie.
PEACE

farmertwingolf

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »
Thank you hood for the benefit of the doubt. And your help.  Anyone with common sense would not have sent an xml file to anyone if they knew it was pirated. However a few people here have given the reflection that they are without flaws to the point of considering themselves justified in their remarks.  Not anything I will loose sleep over. I did download the legal free version yesterday morning with intent of buying the full version. I will not seek help here anymore . Thanks again to hood though.