Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:39:46 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-S Ethernet Motion Controller (CNC)  (Read 33039 times)

Re: CSMIO/IP-S Ethernet Motion Controller (CNC)
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 02:40:52 AM »
From the hardware and our firmware point of view there is no problem to get rigid tapping to work. But Mach3 doesn’t support G-Code for it.
We will try to make it on the G32, but switchable by some M-Code between rigid tapping and threading.
Now the most important thing is to test and eventually debug G32 threading.
Software is a little bit tricky, because Mach3 tries to generate motion for threading, although with external controller Mach3 has no chance to synchronize it with spindle position.
We must filter any threading motion generated by Mach3 and CSMIO/IP execute whole cycle autonomously.
On my desk it works perfectly now, but as I said before – we must test it on a real machine.

After tests and debug we will place CSMIO-ENC module on the website. Cost about ~95 EUR.
This module has 3 encoder inputs and communicates with CSMIO/IP through CAN-Bus. One encoder input is very fast especially for spindle positioning, two other inputs are slower for general purposes, accessible through VisualBasic macros.

Step/Dir spindle control maybe will be supported in further firmware versions. I don’t know if you really need to invert analog out polarization.
Most of inverters can be configured to control speed by analog 0-10V and direction by digital signals. We always do so.

Andrew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 03:04:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply, regarding the Step/Direction Spindle. It is not an inverter that I use it is servo drives as my spindle motors are AC Servos. I can set it up in many modes such as Step/Dir or Analogue but I think the Analogue it expects is the industry standard -10v to +10v. I will dig deeper into the manual and see if I can possibly use the normal/reverse direction option via an input to the drive but I cant remember seeing that as an option other than in the actual parameters.

Do you have any idea how fast the slower encoder inputs would be? Are we talking a few 5KHz or 50KHz or 500KHz or?

I use G84 for tapping with Mach and it seems to work well, this of course is with a floating holder. I can also do full rigid tapping at the moment but this involves doing a SwapAxis() in Mach and turning my spindle into an axis and so it is a bit messy and I tend to just use the G84 and the floating holder.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »
Input frequency of all encoder inputs in CSMIO-ENC module can be even up to 1MHz. Slower inputs mean update to Mach3 registers is slower (approx. ~100Hz) and not input frequency .

"I use G84 for tapping with Mach and it seems to work well, this of course is with a floating holder. I can also do full rigid tapping at the moment but this involves doing a SwapAxis() in Mach and turning my spindle into an axis and so it is a bit messy and I tend to just use the G84 and the floating holder."
I'll check this. Sometimes it is difficult to get necessary parameters from Mach3 to execute some commands by the external motion controller, but will see  :)

Andrew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »
I have looked through my manual and dont see a way to use 0-10v I am afraid. Still interested though as it ticks many other boxes that I want in a controller. if  you get the threading done  I think I may order one :)
Hood
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:49:06 PM by Hood »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Regarding the "slow" encoders, if I understand then that is all I would need as what I would want is for it to monitor and keep note of my encoders, I can then use VB in my reset button to check that Machs machine coords tie in and if not then I can opt to update from the encoder readings.

Hood
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:57:24 PM by Hood »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
Will the analogue version CSMIO/IP-A be able to use the encoder module and do threading or will it only be the CSMIO/IP-S ?
Hood
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 07:31:37 AM »
Spindle encoder module and threading will be supported for both - CSMIO/IP-S and CSMIO/IP-A.
On this Friday we are going to our friend's company for final tests and debug, so this module will be soon finally available :)

Andrew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:46 AM »
That is great to hear:)
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »
Any news on the tests on the lathe with threading?
Hood
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »

Look at the videos
Retrofited cnc lathe with Arbah servodrives, dc motors, CSMIO/IP-S Ethernet motion controller, CSMIO-ENC CanOpen threading module.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL-lG2hq2bg&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqV5BOcuZig&feature=channel&list=UL

;)

Andrew