Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:06:26 AM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116813 times)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2011, 05:06:28 AM »
Thanks, but aside from some critics I haven't done much... It's Wes who you wanted to address the compliment to ;)

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2011, 05:19:49 AM »
Thanks Dan :)

Just a quick update. I know I said I was releasing this on Monday. I decided to add a few more things as well as I found a couple of bugs. I want it the best it can be before releasing this into the wild. Hope you guys understand.

I added a full diagnostics page. I also added full axis calibration that works like the one mill versions have had. Basically you tell it how far to move and then how far it moved (measured) and it with set your units. Each axis is independent. This should really help people with setup.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2011, 05:58:07 AM »
DaONe,
Will be a nice addition for the lathe users when it is released and look forward to trying it out.
Got all the wizards done also?
RICH

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2011, 06:07:40 AM »
Wizards (IPS) are not done yet. Very time consuming. They also need to be thoroughly tested. I will be releasing a screen without them first. I will have an upgrade path for people who want the IPS system when its available.  More than half of them are complete.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2011, 06:44:13 AM »
Hi Wes,

Something I had forgotten to mention before I started this run of parts - would you consider adding a parts counter DRO? Should be fairly simple and you already have a macropump anyway so will only have to look at the Cycle button being activated and count it.

Another thing which may not be that simple is a total elapsed time DRO (from the moment Mach loads). It has to be zero-able. Together with the part counter it can be a very valuable tool for high volume runs.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2011, 06:50:11 AM »
For the parts counter you (I think) can use Fanuc style parts counting macros in the g-code. I will run some tests and post results. The "Loop" DRO would become the parts counter.

Full elapse time I really cant do in a standard screenset. Timing issues would be a big problem. Flash would take care of that but it would be far off if I decide to go into doing a flash screen.
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
My apolagies - great app Wes really looking fwd to this one since I just finished my Taig CNC twins
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:06:58 AM by Peter Zicha »
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2011, 06:57:50 PM »
wow this looks VERY nice, great work. im def in for it

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2011, 08:22:46 PM »
Guys I have been hesitant to release anything as I just don't have the time for support. Been dealing with family health problems.  My brother (age 32) may have cancer and its been consuming most of my mental capacity. I have it ready just no way to support it.
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »
just release it with the understanding from people that their may not be much or any at all support