Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:12 AM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116800 times)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »
Not that I am aware of, but often people have a stable setup and are just not willing to take the chance involved in upgrading to a new version (which makes sense to me).

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2011, 04:39:48 AM »
Latest version works fine for me also.
What I was meaning was up until Brian made these changes if you called T0101 the tool data such as name, wear etc would be correct but if you called T0110 it would not as Mach was looking at the tool number part of the call for the info rather than the offset part. The changelog should give the version/date it was done.

Hood

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2011, 04:42:44 AM »
Not that I am aware of, but often people have a stable setup and are just not willing to take the chance involved in upgrading to a new version (which makes sense to me).

Dan

Makes sense to me. I was forever stuck on an older version because of threading issues. I knew it worked and had no real reason to try to break it by upgrading. The problem is there are many features that make it a requirement at this point to use my screen. The new DROs are a small part of that. External compiled scripting is the big reason.  I certainly hope there are no issues as it will kill this project in a hurry.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2011, 04:46:08 AM »
The changelog should give the version/date it was done.

May 27/2011
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:24 AM »
Hi DaONE,

I would very much like to purchase your screen set, What do you estimate the selling price to be?

I would need a fairly stable version by December this year to use on a Mori Lathe retrofit that I am busy with at the moment.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2011, 02:04:57 AM »
I have posted pricing in the thread. As I stated nothing is set in stone until this is finished. This is a best guess at this point of the project. I have talked with a member on this forum about the possibility of putting everything in a plugin. This may make the date pushed back a bit further. Like I say nothing is set in stone. What I can say is that I have been putting every free minute I have into this striving to get it finished. I certainly hope to have it ready by December. :)

A couple of new features that were added are...
1)Full line by line g-code commenting option (Optional settings check box) for all IPS operations. (shows what each line does for people who are not familiar with G-code)
2)Optional spindle stop between operations in IPS.
3)CSS Max spindle speed settings.
4)Tool number + Offset selection throughout the screens and IPS system.
5)Seamless on the fly switching between Metric and Imperial units complete with indication throughout. Working units and IPS are individually settable. This also includes jogging units and speeds.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
I am hoping to get the screen set ready for a release the first of next week. Tweaking a few things , finishing the interactive help and getting a website ready. The initial version will not include the IPS system. That will be able to be purchased separately when finished. All other features other than IPS will be included. Pricing will be set at $25 for the screen. Updates will be free. I will provide more information soon.

Wes
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2011, 02:14:46 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Great News, I cant wait to try it out. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Will you accept Paypal?

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2011, 02:30:49 AM »
Yes PayPal will be the method of payment.
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »
Just chiming in , very nice work Dan