Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:13:10 AM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116861 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
Thanks for the into Dave.

I still am giving people the option but I am also using this check to display a message saying that the new DRO is not available in this version of mach if the version is lower than required. It will then not allow that option to be used. Trying to make this as intuitive as I can.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »
Just wanted to give a quick update as I have finished the cycle screen. If you see something that is not there please let me know. Feedback is always welcome.

Features that may not be apparent in the screenshot.

* Jog functions are now smart. They are tuned by a table in the settings tab. Say if you select .0001 and select "Jog Continuous" you will actually move at a realistic rate to be accurate in .0001 increments. As the increments get larger the feed also increases. This also works the same for the MPG. Everything is tunable to your machine.
*Override buttons are smart. They monitor Machs status and will not allow you to cause a crash condition. An example is : You are running a program and press the "Next Tool" button. It will alert you that that function is not possible while the machine is in motion.
*Buttons that will cause machine motion will alert you of what they are about to do and confirm that you want to complete the task. No unwanted moves due to a mistake.
*All toggle buttons will glow with the appropriate indication color when they are activated.
*The top portion of the display is for indication only. You cannot select nor input anything there. They have many smart indicators showing you the different states the control is in. You can however press the "X" and "Z" at the top left corner to home the machine. Once again these are smart buttons that will not allow you to home the machine while it is running a program. They will also ask you before making a move. When the axis is homed they will individually change color. Not homed will be red and homed will be blue.
*"Current Tool" Can use the new or the old version DRO to display the tool number. This option is in the settings tab.
*All control overrides can be set by the buttons or directly editable via the DRO to the right of the buttons.
*The "Next Tool" and "Prev Tool" will change to "Turret FWD" and "Turret REV" when "use turret" is selected in the options tab. Both buttons can be modified for there functions by an external script.
*"CSS Mode" Puts the spindle into constant surface speed mode. This will also change the "Spindle Set RPM" to Spindle Set SFM" in the "Control Overrides box". This button toggles this mode.
*"Wizards" Button will bring up the external wizards dialog
*"Verify Machine" Will send the machine home to verify its position against the home switch and report how far off the machine is.
*"Send Home" Will rapid the machine back to machine zero.
*"Aux Function" Is settable via an external script. This button has the option to glow if you desire to use it as a toggle.
*"Z Face Measure" Sets the Z zero for the current part. Setup all of your tools once. Use this button to move all tools zero you the position the machine is in when you push the button. Just jog the tool to the face of the stock and push "Z Face Measure" and you ready to go.
*"?" at the top right corner will take you to online help for the page (tab) you are on.
*The lower "Tool path" tab will take you to a large tool path view.
*The lower "Dry Run" tab will put you into a fully functional dry run mode with large tool path view. This will allow you to test the code without actually running the machine.
*Current time and date are on all screens. This allows you to still have a clock and get rid of the windows toolbar to gain more screen space.
*There are many more things not listed here. Please let me know what you think.

Wes
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:52:19 AM by DaOne »
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
I like it, but I don't find the Block Delete switch. But then again I might be one of the few that use that feature when I program.

This is what I do when I set up a Industrial Turning center: After I had called up the tool offsets for the tool I am using (T0101). I face the part and pull the part and measure it (If I am using a stop, if not the face is set to Z zero or offset the amount I want it to be from the cut point), plug that number in my Tool Offset Screen Z axis DRO and press measure. I do the same with the diameter. I cut the OD and then measure it and that is the number I plug in to my X DRO display and press measure again on the Tool offset page.

I'm just not sure how this is handled in Mach3 and your screens.

Looking forward to putting Your Fine Efforts in this screen to use.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:23:36 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
Ya-Nvr-No,

Here is how its handled...

1)Go to the tooling setup screen. (Settings main tab - Tooling lower tab)
2)Put in some scrap stock.
3)Input the tool number you are setting. (tool one is the master tool and should be capable of facing and turning)
4)Manually face the stock with the jog feature.
5)Press Z measure
6)Jog back to the approximate diameter of your stock.
7)Take a light skim cut on the diameter of the stock and stop the spindle.
8)Measure this diameter and input it into the X set DRO then press enter. This will complete the master tool setup.
9)Insert the next tool and inter in the new tool number.
Jog the tool to the stock using the lowest increment until it just touches the Z face of the stock. You can rotate the spindle by hand to see when it makes contact. After contact back off 1 increment.
10)Press Z measure
11) Do the same for X.
12)Repeat for all of your tools.

Once all of your tools are set all you need to do is set the work offset. For most you can manually face the stock with jog and then press "Z Face Measure" on the cycle screen. You also have the option of using an offset for this in the settings page. This will allow for a go/no go gauge pin if you choose to use it.

Say you break a tool and you need to reset a tool. Or you need to add a tool. You go to the tool setting page, insert tool 1 and press position master tool zero. This will move tool 1 to X and Z zero with zeroed work offsets so you can use it as a stop to position scrap stock to face. Jog the tool out in X until the stock is just past it and clamp it in the chuck. Now manually face it with Jog. Now your ready to set any tool you need using the above method.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
Hi Wes,

For me personally an MDI is a must on every screen. Don't like switching between screens just because I want to change a tool for instance - I have an automatic turret and I must call my custom M6Start macro to change tools. This is just an example, I also use the MDI for all sorts of other stuff like changing the feedrate or switching between G94 and G95 or setting a spindle speed. I don't have a touch screen so it's much faster for me to use the keyboard than reaching for the mouse to click on buttons.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
Dan,

MDI wont ever be on the cycle screen because its just too dangerous. When your code is running and you input something in the MDI and press enter it will inject it into your running code.  Just about everything you said is right there on the cycle screen in the form of a button or DRO. If you need to change feed per rev or feed per min that's something that should be done by editing the G-code. Say your feed is 6 inches per min and you change it to feed per rev. I hope you tool has a big appetite because its gonna have lots to eat quickly. All the overrides are monitored so it would be hard to crash the machine. MDI is for "Manual Data Input" and that is why it is located on the manual screen.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
I have an automatic turret and I must call my custom M6Start macro to change tools.

This is the reason for this feature...
*The "Next Tool" and "Prev Tool" will change to "Turret FWD" and "Turret REV" when "use turret" is selected in the options tab. Both buttons can be modified for there functions by an external script.

You can use any script you want. Just needs to be in my macro directory and named correctly.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »
Ya-Nvr-No... Fixed that little issue for you. Block delete has been added. Button glows when it is enabled. :)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2011, 02:23:24 PM »
Wes,

Just the way I like it - an MDI on the main screen. Again, it's just easier for me to use the keyboard than grabbing the mouse and looking for the button. I agree though that the screenset perfectly suits a touch-screen.

By the way, I don't switch G94/G95 from the MDI for the loaded program. I do so when I use the MDI for manual turning. And since with your screen, setting the tools seems to be done from the Cycle screen I figured I needed to set the feed mode before programming something like G1 Z-10.

Anyway, just my way of doing things.

Dan
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »
Thanks Wes on the tool offset setup run thru and the screen update.

Not sure why id have a mist coolant button, guess I would have called them "Coolant"  &  "User Output" and then have them Glow like you just did with the Block Delete.

Is there a green light to tell me when an axis is home?

"Your the man"!!