Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:49:11 PM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116830 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 02:26:37 AM »
Offline  button not do what you want?

Hood

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 02:31:27 AM »
Hood,

It does turn off the machine and dry run like I want. The problem is when you take it out of the offline condition the machine cord DROs are not put back to where they were. There are off by whatever the program you ran in offline mode. The only way around this is to rehome the machine. You understand what I am talking about? Basically machine zero isnt machine zero after running something in offline mode. Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Wes

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 02:39:35 AM »
Well DROs get set back with the SmoothStepper, not tried with the parallel port but I would imagine it to be the same
Hood

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 02:42:35 AM »
SetOEMDRO (83) and SetOEMDRO (85) dont work at all for me. Is there another way to set these? Heard that you can push the encoder DRO to these but that one wont take a change either.  ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 02:46:14 AM »
Just tried with the parallel port and like you say it doesnt set the DROs to original machine coords, maybe you need to include a free SmoothStepper with every screen you sell ;D

You can only, as far as I know, set the machine coords by homing or by setting to zero by SetMachZero()

Hood

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:17 AM »
I guess the only logical way to do dry run is to force it to go to machine zero before entering dry run mode so that I can reset zero or just re-home it. Try to add as many features to this as I can. Make it familiar for someone who has run the real deal. I hardly ever use dry run but I know people who rely on it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:11:13 AM »
Never use it either, If I want to test out code I will offset the Z and run it for real cutting air as that is the only way you will see what its actually doing in my opinion.
You will have to be careful if you make part of the dry run a return t machine zero, better pop up a big warning box informing people this is about to happen ;)
Hood

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:40 AM »
You will have to be careful if you make part of the dry run a return t machine zero, better pop up a big warning box informing people this is about to happen

Every single movement from a button or option gives you a warning describing the movement and the ability to say ok or cancel. Safety is priority with this project.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »
OK, I am gonna need a couple of alpha testers on this soon to make sure all the bugs are worked out. I already have a few but want a few more.  This is very roughed out at this point and may (most likely) have many bugs that need to be fixed. I am looking for people that are able to actually write or at least alter G-code by hand. They should have a lathe that is able to be homed with home switches. They should be familiar with the offset system on the lathe and able to setup and use multiple tools. Like I say it is at a early alpha stage at this point. Anyone that is part of testing on this will get a free final copy.

If you have interest in testing this and meat the qualifications listed above. Please send me an email at xgenmods@gmail.com with the specifications of the hardware you will be using such as but not limited to...

Mach version?
Have Touch screen?
Native screen resolution?
Have a MPG?
Lathe size?
How is your spindle speed controlled? (Mach or manual? Looking for people with VFD or servo controlled spindles)
Is your spindle capable of RPM feedback? (Index signal)
Spindle capable of forward / reverse?
QCTP?
Turret? If so number or tools?
Using carbide index-able tooling?
Do u use machine activated coolant? (If so flood or mist? Or both?)

Thanks,
Wes

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 05:02:45 AM »
Here is the cycle screen. You will notice no more MPG feed% and no more button feed %. I have created a table that sets them to the correct values based on the step you select. This table is fully editable in the general settings screen. This really improves the jog buttons and smooths out the MPG drastically. The customization allows you to tune this to your preference and machine specs. This simplifies jogging down to a single touch. You can also switch on the fly between MPG and jog buttons. The "glow" on the buttons signifies they are selected. Everything is a single button operation. I would love to hear some feedback on the layout.

Thanks,
Wes
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:05:03 AM by DaOne »