Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:53:52 AM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116859 times)

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
As cool as everyones designs are for turn they still never quite fit what I was looking for. I have decided to go my own direction with something I have had in the works for quite some time. It has always been a dream of mine to create a full conversational interface with a professional control look and function. With this screen set not only will it offer a clean professional layout similar to a real control it will also allow you to build full programs right from the multiple "wizards" that are imbedded into the interface. You will have full control of each operation. You can view all operations as well as delete last op and save the program you created. Just about anything simple can be programmed right on the IPS system complete with multiple tooling. This is very similar to what Haas Automation offers on there tool room series lathes. The amount of time I have put into this I will be charging a small amount for it when its finished if anyone is interested. Here are a few a screen shots of new screen in action so you can get an idea of what I am talking about. The cycle screen is not finished yet. I would love to hear feedback of any kind.

Thanks,
Wes
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:55:57 AM »
Nice work Wes... I like
The Control +- 10% override... I'd kind of like to have the option (text box) to a value I choose.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:08:01 AM »
Certainly a fresh approach to using using the wizards with improved graphics.
Have fun in your task.

RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:14:06 AM »
Are the checkboxes and radio buttons LED's with transparent buttons? That's how I did them in my 2010 Screenset.

That looks like a tremendous amount of work.  :o
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »
Not sure how the thread repair will work but feel free to use the info in Threading onThe Lathe page 49 & 50 on how to pick up a thread.
RICH

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:51:17 PM »
Nice work Wes... I like
The Control +- 10% override... I'd kind of like to have the option (text box) to a value I choose.

See the box to the right of each control? Thats editable. The "LED" indicator for the rapid rate will light up for each value if it matches the box to the right. Say its 50% it will highlight the 50% button but if its 51% none of them will be lit. You can press the button for a quick input or put your value in to the right. full customization of control.

Certainly a fresh approach to using using the wizards with improved graphics.
Have fun in your task.

Thanks Rich :)

Insert Quote
Are the checkboxes and radio buttons LED's with transparent buttons? That's how I did them in my 2010 Screenset.

That looks like a tremendous amount of work.  Shocked

Yes the check boxes and radio buttons are "LEDs" with a transparent button over the text next to them. I was having issues with the LEDs showing the change if the transparent button was over small LEDs. I even tried a separate transparent button just for the LED and one for the text but it still screwed up half the time.  Maybe you have some insite on that? Yes...  tremendous amount of work don't even cover it. I even amaze myself how much time I have into this.  :o I am sure its gonna be a hit with the lathe crowd.

Not sure how the thread repair will work but feel free to use the info in Threading onThe Lathe page 49 & 50 on how to pick up a thread.

Rich,
Thats exactly how it works. Same way as explained in your excellent write up on threading. It has a button you press when you have it set to the the tread with the index LED on. This sets it up. I haven't finished that one yet but in theory it should work. Gives people the ability to repair threads without using a whole lot of thought.

Does anyone have a list of canned cycles that work in Mach3? Preferably mill and lathe. Also if they are not standard Fanuc implementation if would be nice if there was any info on using them.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
Yes the check boxes and radio buttons are "LEDs" with a transparent button over the text next to them. I was having issues with the LEDs showing the change if the transparent button was over small LEDs. I even tried a separate transparent button just for the LED and one for the text but it still screwed up half the time.  Maybe you have some insite on that?

I use a single transparent button over the checkbox and text. That way it mimics the way Windows actually works, as you can click the text next to a checkbox and it will change the box value in any windows app.

I use Screen4, and don't recall seeing any issues specific to small buttons. But I can tell you that the placement order is critical, and once placed, I don't touch them again. If I need to move something later, I'll actually make a copy of the original transparent button, then delete the original and use the new copy, to make sure it goes on top of the LED. I've seen instances where moving the LED and button seems to change their display order.

Yes...  tremendous amount of work don't even cover it. I even amaze myself how much time I have into this.

Setting up all those "tabs" must be fun.  >:D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:16:10 PM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »
I did exactly that. You have a screen I can look at that has the check box working? Maybe its just my computer or a version issue? I tried may ways but it keeps screwing up so I gave up. I would love to be able to make it work like windows does but I need it to be reliable.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 06:21:09 AM »
list of canned cycles

Drillling machro for the lathe is in the tool box.

FWIW, RICH

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »
Well I have hit a wall on doing Dry Run mode.  From my research there doesn't seem to be any sort of native dry run mode in Mach3.  Maybe I am wrong about this? Anyways I went ahead and tried another method of turning on and off the engine. Works great to allow you to run the code without the machine moving however the DRO are all messed up when you turn it back on as it doesn't reset them back to how they were. OK, seemed like and easy fix. Just record the X and Z machine cord into a user DRO at the time of entering dryrun mode and take that value and put it back into the machine DROs when I leave it. Well I am unable to put the value back into the machine DROs using SetOEMDRO (83) and SetOEMDRO (85). Anyone have a suggestion?  Dry run would be great for proving programs on the machine without running the drives and spindle.