Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:16:24 AM

Author Topic: Remote USB display with Modbus  (Read 22830 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Remote USB display with Modbus
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 07:02:13 PM »
There is probably a setting for the LCD that needs to be set to stabilize the screen. I'll take a look

You are not really using ModBUS the SendSerial VB command is a seperate thing it sends data straight to the serial port. AND it is not really RS232 protocal.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »
Are you using the USB driver for the card ? Have you tried the software for the card to make messages to SEE if it is actually working correctly?

Maybe set up hyperterm and send it some data??

(;-)TP
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »
There is probably a setting for the LCD that needs to be set to stabilize the screen. I'll take a look

You are not really using ModBUS the SendSerial VB command is a seperate thing it sends data straight to the serial port. AND it is not really RS232 protocal.

(;-) TP

So all I really need to do in the setup is Com port and protocall settings, 8,none,1 on com5.
Thank you soooo much!!!
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 07:19:06 PM »
I did not have to instll a driver, when I plug it in it creates a virtual com port, If i use hyper terminal I can address it directly.
The manual has a list of comands but I am not sure what they all mean.

Are you using the USB driver for the card ? Have you tried the software for the card to make messages to SEE if it is actually working correctly?

Maybe set up hyperterm and send it some data??

(;-)TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
OK I think I see the problem. Go an turn OFF all the modbus stuff you turned on.

Then load the driver and look to see what port# it is using.

Then go to GenConfig page look in the lower LH corner and set the COM port to the one you are using. Check 8 bit.

That will set up mach to use the com port .

Then retry your code to see what happens.

(;-) TP
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
Thanks, I will try that when I get home tonight and let you know how I make out.

OK I think I see the problem. Go an turn OFF all the modbus stuff you turned on.

Then go to GenConfig page look in the lower LH corner and set the COM port to the one you are using. Check 8 bit.

(;-) TP
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 06:47:06 PM »
OK I got a chance to try it and it did not work at all, I got nothing on the LCD.
It seems it does not see it unless modbus is turned on?
I can not believe all the time you spent to help me but I am feeling bad about the time you wasted I really thought it would be easy maybe I should give up until I learn more about it.

Thank you so much for your time on this    :)

Fred

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »
Fed it is not a waste and I have the time to burn IF it will help you get it working.

(;-) TP
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »
Thank you, if you don`t mind I will not turn down the help. I will try anything.

Fred

Fed it is not a waste and I have the time to burn IF it will help you get it working.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
OK if you can write to it with Hyperterm them all we should have to do is find out the Comport settings that HT used.

Then try setting up the MCAH port the same.   Then we can start with something simple like

SendSerial "Hello" and see what happens.

(;-) TP