Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:46:16 PM

Author Topic: Mach3, Probe, and Digitize Wizard Issue  (Read 50451 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3, Probe, and Digitize Wizard Issue
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
Does the rest of you machine work?

Are you sure that you have the probe checked for ON in config/ports and pins AND it is set for port1 pin10 ?? sure you do not have duplicate pin settings??

Next test would be to unplug the cable going from the PC  TO the G540 and short pins 10 and 20 momentarily and ckeck the LED again it should change state.

(;-) TP
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 08:22:23 PM »
Hi BR,

Thanks for your time and advice.

The Probe is ON in config and set for Port 1 and Pin 10.

The only enabled inputs are Probe and Estop. Probe on pin 10 and Estop on pin 16.

However jumping pins 10 and 20 on the Parallel cable (still hooked to the computer, but disconnected from the Gecko) produces NO result in the Digitize LED.

Could my PCI parallel card be defective? The only test I have is Device Manager in Windows, which says the drivers are up to date and the device is working properly. I am able to successfully run the machine in Mill profile, I have run Gcode and engraved with the router.

Vicrider
vicrider

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »
DO you have another cable you can try??  You can also try another INPUT pin and setup mach to match.

OK are you using more than 1 LPT port???
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 02:39:41 AM »
Nope, no other cable. this one came with the CNC router and the Mfr says it was tested before shipment. I have just tried pin 12; no success.

I am only using one LPT port.

vicrider
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 02:56:31 AM »
 :-\ I believe I will try another solution. My suspicion is that the break signal is not getting to the Mach software.

This may be related to the installed PCi parallel port card for connecting to the Gecko, as I know the probe is behaving correctly and all the config settings are correct.

I have just found a parallel cable https://shop.msicomputer.com/App/StoreFront/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=1374  that will connect directly to my MSI motherboard (it takes a unique connector [DB25 female connector, and mini IDC 26-pin female connector]). Price - 5 bucks.

It should deliver in 3 days and I will see if that solves the issue.

Thanks everyone for your time and attention,

vicrider
vicrider

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:56 AM »
The only enabled inputs are Probe and Estop. Probe on pin 10 and Estop on pin 16.

Vicrider,

There seems to be some confusion regarding pin numbering - at least I am confused.  ???
EStop has to be on something other than pin# 16 because that is not an input as far as the one parallel port setup is concerned.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Helicopterjohn

•  62 62
  • Seffner, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Helicopterjohn.com
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 08:01:33 AM »
I noticed in your first post in this thread that you are running Windows 7.  Is your operationg system 32 bit or 64 bit?

John
Shopbot PRT 48 X 96  Gekco 203V drives, PMDX-126 Multi-Mode Breakout Board, PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control, (2) Ea. PMDX-133 3-axis Daisy-Chainable Motherboard for Gekco 203V's, PMDX-2PARPCi Dual Parallel Port Card, Super PID Speed Controller, 2010 Screen Set, Solid State Relays for dust/coolant.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »
Pins 10,11,12,13,15  are input pins

Pins 1-9 14,16,17 are output pins

Pins 18-25 are commons (Grnd)

And make sure you count the pins in the proper order perspective.  There is an example in the manual I believe

I don''t think you have a bad port as the machine will move. I think you have a setup problem with the input and the pin layout.

IS your WIN7 a 32 bit version???

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:18:40 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
Thanks Tweakie and BR549,
basic question here. I have a screenshot of my Mach inputs config, but I don't know how to insert it into this post.

Can't find any real instructions to upload images. Does the image have to be on a website? When I select insert image I get a piece of code that will only take a url.

I am running Windows7 32bit, version 6.1.7601

PCI ECP parallel port (LPT1) address E800-E807 (the machine works in Mill profile)

In Mach Mill-P profile the Config/ports and pins/input signals shows my Estop is enabled (checked green) on port 1 pin 16, came this way from the mfr. I do not know why this is different from Tweakie's post, the estop works, at least in Mill profile. Since I haven't been able to get the probe to move, I don't know if this is different in Mill-P profile.

In Mach Config/ports and pins/input signals my Probe is enabled on port 1 pin 10

No other inputs are enabled.

I hope I have answered all the questions.

I believe that most of my confusion is related to the disconnect between where the wires are on the Gecko and which parallel pin is assigned in Mach.

As soon as I can figure out how to post an image I will take snapshots and post them.......

thanks,

Vicrider

vicrider
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »

Let's see how this works.....

Hmmmm, gotta work on size next, but these are the diagrams for Parallel port pin assignments that I got from a geek friend. Anyone see anything wrong?

Still looking for Gecko documentation.

Vic
vicrider