Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:15:32 AM

Author Topic: Is is possible that some motherboard does not work with Mach3  (Read 17724 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Is is possible that some motherboard does not work with Mach3
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 04:02:40 AM »
Just downloaded the same programme you are using to monitor and mine is in line with windows task manager, CPU sits under 1% normally and with mach running and code running its about 3.88% max. The Inteerupts with or without Mach running are <0.01 with the occasional spike to 0.77.
Not sure what is going on in your system and whether its even Mach related but if you uninstall the driver from Device Manager that should let you know if Mach is having an effect.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 04:43:42 AM »
Thanks Hood.

If I split screen and hover the mouse on the desktop, only small variation on the CPU.

If I go to the left part of the screen where Mach3 is open, They're huge pick in the CPU usage.

Man, I did setup 3 motherboards in the control panel and a fourth one as a desktop and can't get a stable system.

Maybe it's related to something I did in a previous life ;D ;D ;D

Jeff
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »
are you using the same xp installation cd? did you purchase it  or download it ? some of the downloades versions install all sorts of crap without you realizing it. i use 1 called microxp. stripped down version is only 80meg.as long as you have a legal lic code i dont see why you could not run it. just dao a search  on google.
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:23 AM »
I have tried with at least 3 CD of Windows XP, at least one was a downloaded version and 2 was original CD that needed to be activated, which I did with success and all the same result.

Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 08:02:07 AM »
Are you using common components in these builds? Such as the  same HDD or the same DDR or CPU?
Hood
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
No, it was all different board, maybe some memory stick were the same, I don't remember, I have try so many thing.

two different HDD.

I have tried install has a standard PC (F5) but could not boot, computer freeze and had to re-format.

Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »
What is your mains electricity  like? Something very weird going on and there must be a common denominator , but what is the hard thing to work out :(

Hood
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »
The computer I use to program the router and other things, is connected to the main circuit and runs great

Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
Ok so lets recap, you have used different HDD, mobo and possibly DDR. You have used different XP discs and it doesnt matter if Mach is running or not. Is that correct?

Did you delete the driver to see if that made a difference?

What about the other hardware in the computer, are you using anything on all of them such as same PSU, same Graphics, same PCI card?
Hood
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
I have two different PCI parallel port don't remember brand but they are different. (all drivers have been download from the manufacturer website)

I have remove different driver, one by one to see if it's make any difference but just a bit.

Tried PS2 mouse and USB mouse. PS2 mouse still running even if I turn on spindle, but lost the USB mouse when doing the same thing.

Does not makes a big difference when Mach3 is running or not like pictures posted in a previous post.

Did get another board today, ECS K7S5A pro Rev 5.0, 1Gig or ram and 2600 processor, have downloaded drivers from ECS website and will try to install Windows XP tonight(for me)

That's what I did for all previous motherboard.

But this time, will not install any driver for the moment and test Mach that way, if it work, will not make any change.

Could try to buy a new mouse to get a driver, maybe from logitech, they're no driver for a standard optical mouse, just the windows driver.

I have tried a bunch of graphics card but no change (some ATI )

Still trying but thanks for the help.

Jeff