Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:03:59 PM

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Limits  (Read 25784 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting Limits
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »
You are right on Z though, no LEDS and they should all be there but X Y and A are correct.
Will look in a bit and see why no Z.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
If you put the address back to 378 you should see all the LEDs lit that you have enabled.
Hood

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »
Koilas:

I'm not sure but you may have gone off the rails again a few posts back.

You said
 >> ok ALL the inputs wiring is out.
>>> The power into the control box is OFF

The wiring tests I mentioned and Hood clarified for you must be done WITH THE CONTROL BOX ON.
Basically what you are doing is eliminating the wiring going out to the limit switches and simulating them one at a time right there in the control box.
Obviously the BOB needs to be powered since it's what going to detect the signals for you.

If you get nowhere with your current line of attack, please step back and do the tests I mentioned. You'll have to put all your Mach configuration back the way it was and remove the wiring out to the limit switches first. Then go back to my (and Hood's) previous posts and do those test witht he control box ON !!

(I'm lost now)

Sage
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:18:21 PM by Sage »

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »
Could not get to the forum since this morning, too much traffic.....anyway

Hood I didn’t know that M1 is X++

Also on the diagnostic screen there are 4 columns of LED’s (EJogX++, EJogY+, EJogZ+, EJogA+)

I never got any LED under EJogX++ column and I thought that is where all the X axis LED’s are

So what for is the column EJogX++   ???

Hood that last screen you posted looks much better and less confusing than the one I have, I mean is better to see X,Y,Z etc than Motor1 etc.

Since the forum was down this morning I went ahead and connected back all inputs wiring. Then I used the “Automated Inputs Setup” from the inputs screen and it recognized and set up ALL my limits / home switches. Therefore I will say that all my wiring is correct and to confirm that when I reboot Mach, there are no LED’s on in the diagnostic screen.

And as Hood suggested on post #40 the LED’s should be there for the X axis.

Therefore I would say that there is something else wrong and not the wiring. The wiring was all along correct

Sorry Sage but as you can see we had a long session this morning with Hood
Nicolas

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 04:03:04 PM »
Yes, I see that and if you are still moving forward then that's good. Keep at it.

Sage

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »
LOL I am confused, do you see the X LED light up when you press the X switch? Y same etc?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
Oh and to answer your question regarding the Jog, it is if you have External Jog buttons, when you press them the LEDs will light. Now note I say external Jog Buttons. This is not the Keybopard buttons, this is real buttons coming in on Inputs in a similar fashion to your other Inputs (Limits etc) You dont have any external jog buttons so you wont see the LEDs light.
Hood
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 05:22:14 PM »
Here is one more description of the LED's with changed labels.
Hope it helps,
Russ
 :)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 05:36:29 PM »
Russ I like that screen, easier to remember. Anyway I can get that for my Mack?

Thanks Hood for the info on the Jog column. And me I thought I had problems because there was no LED on in this column LOL

So here are the latest on limits (The way the inputs are wired now=X+Z on terminal 13, Y on terminal 12, A on terminal 10, zero touch probe on terminal 11, EStop on terminal 15)

When I trigger the X+, M1&M3 LED on Y and A are on
When I trigger the X-, M1&M3 LED on Y and A are on
When I trigger the Z+, M1&M3 LED on Y and A are on
When I trigger the Z-, M1&M3 LED on Y and A are on
When I trigger the Y+, M2 LED on Y and A is on
When I trigger the Y-, M2 LED on Y and A is on
When I trigger the A-, M4 LED on A is on

Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
Kolias, I think I  must speak a different language than you, just cant seem to figure out what you are meaning ;D

If all is working fine for you I think I will bow out gracefully, well as gracefully as an old bald fat bas%$rd can ;)

Hood