Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:31:13 AM

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Limits  (Read 25795 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting Limits
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:23 PM »
Sage I really appreciated your help and Tweakie but now this became a different subject since the machine works but I just don’t see the LED’s on the diagnostic screen under the X axis

Anyway here is the document and again much appreciated
Nicolas

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 10:40:14 PM »
Was there any more documentation like a suggested connection diagram? The schematic does not show the terminal strips only little circles showing the signals go to some other point (which is not on the schematic as far as I can see).

Are you saying that everything works ok and the lights all light correctly EXCEPT the only problem is the light does not come on for X on the dianostic screen.

Also please confirm that X is connected to 13 like your scanned diagram.

BTW you can remove those capacitors. Since you are using the inputs with normally closed switches to ground they won't be of much use anyway. I can't tell from your picture. Maybe sometihng is wrong there.

Make sure JP5 is jumpered. That will supply the 5v pullups to all of the inputs.

The simplest way to troubleshoot this would be to remove ALL the wiring from the input connections. And I mean all of it from all of the terminal strips that have anything to do with the inputs and limits.
 Then take a single short piece of test wire from ground to ONE of the inputs only and connect it. See if the light comes on for that input and test it on and off and see if it triggers mach properly.
Do this for each input one at a time. See what you get.

I also notice pin 10 is labelled as an E-stop input . Do you have an E-Stop connected somewhere else and is E-stop programmed into Mach?

Sage

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:53:11 PM by Sage »

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »
No more documentation came with the BOB, actually the schematic means nothing to me since I cant read it LOL (sorry Sage).

Yes I’m only saying that the ONLY problem I can see is that the LED’s for the X axis on the diagnostic screen do not light up like the X axis does not exist

Yes the X axis is connected to 13 and it is confirmed by the inputs signals screen with the “Automated Setup of Inputs”.

Good idea, I will remove the capacitors (tomorrow) and see if anything changes

I never removed any jumpers from the board since I didn’t have to

ok I can do this test as you say with a piece of test wire but since the power will be on, is it possible to damage the BOB?

That pin 10 is Wrong in the manual. I spent a heck of a time to get the Estop working until I was told by the manufacturer that the Estop should be connected between pin 15 and the GND which is located on the input terminals closest to the parallel port. If you look on the picture of the BOB (magnified to 150%) you will see pin 15, then next to it is a terminal +5V and next to it is GND. That is where I have the Estop and is programmed in Mack and works very well.

off to bed now, we had a big snow storm here today (hopefully the last of the season), spent 2 hrs in traffic just to go 2 blocks away and all this wiring problems I have didn’t help either LOL

Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 03:12:31 AM »
Well afraid I dont read every single post on the forum and memorise it so I did not know your inputs worked fine before and that you had not made any changes. I do remember a post in another thread where you were rewiring limits and probes and all sorts and were having a lot of issues ;)
Do the test as sage says and if that makes all the wrong LEDs light then it would seem your BOB or cable are screwed. I have tested here with your xml in simulation and it checks out fine, simulate X and X Leds work, Simulate Y and....... well you get the idea ;)
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »
I dont understand the test Sage wants me to do.

If I remove all the wiring from the input terminals there is nothing connecting the BOB to Mach and with a piece of test wire from GND to each terminal will show nothing on the screen

Do I miss something?
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 07:00:21 AM »
He is saying disconnect your limits wiring and then look in Mach, you should see all the limits LEDs on diagnostics page lit (or the ones you have set), that is because Mach thinks the switches are triggered. You can then ground 10, 11, 12 and 13 in turn with a piece of wire and each of the groups of LEDs on diagnostics should go out.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 07:03:44 AM »
I didn't know Mach can do this, now I get it

Thanks Hood
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 07:21:11 AM »
ok ALL the inputs wiring is out.

The power into the control box is OFF

The Mach screen is as before but now the Emergency LED (the last under the X axis column) is ON and blinking

There are no other LED's on the X axis column. The LED's in the Y,Z,A are ON as before

To me there is something wrong with Mach

Should I continue the test with the power to the control box OFF?
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 07:25:49 AM »
Unplug your parallel port cable from the computer and look at the LEDs again.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 07:36:51 AM »
I unplugged the parallel cable and the screen remained the same as before. I even switched screens but the diagnostic screen remained the same as before (LED's on Y,Z,A and Emergency but non on X)

Then I reboot Mach and when I try to click the flashing reset button a window came up and said ........ would you like to fix this, and I said yes and then went to the diagnostic screen and now there are no LED's there at all
Nicolas