Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:15:52 AM

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Limits  (Read 25780 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting Limits
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »
I made a list before for what you are asking and here it is:

Manually triggering any limit on X, the M1 LED lights on Y, Z, A

Manually triggering any limit on Z, the M3 LED lights on Y, Z, A

Manually triggering the limit on A, the M4 Home LED lights on A

Manually triggering any limit on Y, the M2 LED lights on Y, and A
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »
Can you show me how you have them wired as they are obviously not wired as you have the pins set in Mach.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 03:31:22 PM »
It is difficult to see in the pictures because on the top side of the picture is where I have the cover of the control box and cant take a close up picture from there. Cant remove the cover because a lot of wiring is attached to it.

However I noticed that the X axis is the only one which does not have this 0.1 capacitor, dont know if that makes a difference
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
That doest really tel me anything othe than you have wires going into 10,11,12 and 13.
Can you draw out how they are connected?
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Dont really know how much details you need but here is a simple schematic
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
Thats how you have the pins set in Mach but afraid to say I cant see that as being how you have them wired, would seem to me you maybe have them mixed up.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 03:56:07 PM »
Thank you for your time Hood, let me see how I can fix that
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 04:00:13 PM »
Easy way to test is remove the wires and put an Ohm meter between each red and Gnd in turn and press the switches in turn and see which ones are on the same wires, I suspect you will find they are a bit mixed up.
In reality you can have all X Y and Z Home and Limits wired in series and going into a single pin, you only need the A on a seperate input.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
I did the wiring verification as you suggested and all is ok, I mean by triggering each limit switch I could see on my meter that this switch belongs to the respective axis and so there is mo mix-up. Also we should not forget that the machine was working before perfectly and I never changed the limit switches since the beginning.

In addition, I used afterwards the “Automated Setup of Inputs” function on the Inputs Signal screen and by pressing each limit the software confirmed that all limits are correct and working for each axis

Furthermore, I just can’t see how the machine would work ok now if the limits were mixed up. I mean I homed the machine ok and took all axes to the end of + and when they hit the limit each axis stopped.

Now why I see no LED’s on the diagnostic screen under the X axis column that’s a mystery and beyond my experience. Perhaps I should re install Mach?

If you can think of anything else you would like me to test, please let me know
Nicolas

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
Kolias:

I see you successfully ditched Tweakie and me by starting a new thread. Didn't like our help?  ;) :D

Do you have a link to the documentation for the BOB you have all the limit wiring connected to. In particualr the information THEY supplied on how to connect the limit switches to the terminal strip. I'd like to read it.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is you are using the input connections incorrectly.

Sage