Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:34:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 toolchange for dummies???  (Read 84167 times)

Re: Mach 3 toolchange for dummies???
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
Back in action here guys!

I have abandoned the stepper version of the tool changer and am reverting back to the factory configuration (more or less)

Please see this thread for an update-

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/hardinge_lathes/129658-chnc_turret_plc_conversion_log.html The post has lots of pictrures, and even some videos. I am not trying to pull readers from this forum, I am including this link so I dont have to rehash everything here.

I am however stepping back into this post in an effort to get my tool change Macro written, my VB script written and everything running through my new Cubloc Plc.

This is gonna be a steep learning curve...

Thanks for everyone who has helped out in this post over the last few months. I kind of dissapoeared, but please dont think I am ungrateful...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »
Sorry dont know anything about the cubloc.
Hood
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:50 PM »
Hey Hood. Good to see ya.

I'm told that the Cubloc can use VB script. Sadly, the guy who did this before me and had it all hashed out and working, cant provide me with the VB script he wrote. Seems that his computer that ran his machine took a turn for the worse and wont be resurected any time soon. I guess I have to start from scratch...

Here are my thoughts on how the tool changer (VB script) needs to work

Things I need the script/plc/mach to do

Solenoids-
Activate and deactivate turret solenoid. (activated is for up/rotate, deactivated is for down)
Activate and deactivate turret rotation braking solenoid.
Activate and deactivate turret stop solenoid.

Sensors-
Read and report current turret position.
Read and report status of turret up/down position.

Proposed order of operations for tool change request-

Request tool change to position 1-8.
Read turret rotational position, 1-8.
Read turret up/down position, up or down.
Report turret rotational position, 1-8.
Report turret up/down position, up or down.
If requested rotational position equals reported rotational position do nothing.
If requested up/down position equals down, do nothing.
If requested up/down position equals up, fault.
If requested rotational position is not equal to current rotational position, activate turret up/down/rotate solenoid.
When rotational position equals requested position 1 before requested position, activate braking solenoid.
When rotational position equals requested position, activate turret stop solenoid, deactivate turret up/down/rotate solenoid and deactivate turret braking solenoid.
Deactivate turret up/down/rotation solenoid.
Report turret rotational position, 1-8.
Report turret up/down position, up or down, if up, fault.

I wish their were a translator that could take the above and write it in VB!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 02:20:03 AM »
The thing is you will need to know how the cubloc wants talked to, for example I use DL06 PLC over modnus and I can use
GetInput(*)
 and
Set ModOutPut(*,*)

Not sure if the Cubloc is the same. Do a search for fdos and give him a PM as he has used it on his Hardings, whether he will have time to help you I dont know. I seem to remember he used a variation of my toolchange macro but that he used activate signal etc so thats why I am thinking the cubloc is not the same as my PLC.
Hood
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »
I believe that the Cubloc is fully capable of ModBus communication. Thats how Vince set up his Mach-Cubloc communication.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
There are several flavours of communication over Modbus from Mach, I use the serial interface rather than the plugin, I am not sure what the cubloc will/can use.
Again I seem to remember Wayne (fdos) had more like normal I/O in his VB so PM and see if he can at least point you in the right direction.
Hood
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:02 PM »
Well, after much reading and studying, I have the Cubloc triggering relays at least!

However, I cant do much until I get the Cubloc talking to Mach3. I followed Henriks guide to setting up modbus, but am still not sure if they are talking. I have been looking for the plugin "modio" but cant seem to find it available anywhere...

I personally dont care if it gets set up via the plugin or serial. I just want communication.

The videos that cover Modio, seem to only cover setup if you use the plugin, which I cant find.

Do you have a way to do a "hello world" type test to see if I have comm between the Cubloc and Mach3?

If you have it setup serial, can you recap your serial modbus settings?

Best,
Nate.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »
This is my settings on the lathe (mill similar) but I am using a DL06 PLC  so likely your setting will be different.
Hood
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
Hood-

I cant find those settings anywhere. Are you running the Modio plugin?

Are you setup on tcp modbus or serial?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 05:00:03 AM »
Ports and Pins then enable  Modbus Input Output Support and then restart Mach. Once restarted go to Function Configs menu then down to Set up Serial Modbus Control.

Hood