Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:05:24 PM

Author Topic: Interface Tutorial  (Read 5903 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Interface Tutorial
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »
I was watching the Mach3 Interface Video Tutorial and noticed that in the bottom right corner of the screen it has these inputs as per attached photo (MultiPass, Z Inhibit etc).

My screen (R3.043.022) does not have these items. How can I get them?
Nicolas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Interface Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »
That was from an earlier version which I think has now gone from the downloads page. If you require 'Multi Pass' then this is now available under the Wizards menu.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:23 AM »
And Z inhibit is now on Ports and Pins, Mill options if I remember correctly.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
Too bad, it looked so handy that screen

So in the Wizard, what is the X-Shift and Y-Shift ?

And after I input all the values and generate the g-code how do I merge this code with what I’m doing ?

Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »
Try to run the wizard with a small project loaded on Mach and after waiting 9 minutes it still was saying “Please Wait.....Generating Path”

So how do I run this wizard to have multi pass ?

Also I noticed on the main screen there is a Z-Inhibit ON/OFF Button just to the right of the Reset Button and under this Button there is +0.000. What Z-Inhibit means and how do you use it on multi pass?

Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »
I don’t know why no one answers my questions; are they too difficult or too easy ?

Anyway I found on Mach3 Mill manual paragraph 6.2.17 Automatic Z control family but when I go to config menu there is no Logic dialog for the static setting of this Inhibit –Z value.

On the config menu there is a Safe Z Setup menu but no explanations how to do it.

So no one to help me understand how I set multipass?
Nicolas
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
Hi Nicolas, this is from the older manual. Hope it helps a bit.
Russ

Z-Inhibit: Sets a limit to the lowest value of Z permitted. For example if Z inhibit is set to
minus 2.1 (- 2.1) and enabled then G0 Z-2.5 will leave the controlled point at Z = -2.1.
Persistent Z-inhibit: , if checked, then the Z-inhibit value entered will be retained on a
program rewind, otherwise it will be cleared. This setting us used in conjunction with the
automatic roughing out of a part be Mach2 decrementing the Z-inhibit and repeating a
program a give number of times.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »
Try to run the wizard with a small project loaded on Mach and after waiting 9 minutes it still was saying “Please Wait.....Generating Path”

Just click CANCEL in that pop up window, then Regen. Toolpath.
Works OK here.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »
Too bad, it looked so handy that screen

So in the Wizard, what is the X-Shift and Y-Shift ?

And after I input all the values and generate the g-code how do I merge this code with what I’m doing ?

The SHIFT is like a G52, it shifts the coopds by the amount specified.

I't automatically "merged" with your original code when you exit the wizard. If I understand your question correctly.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
Hi Russ, thanks for the help

So the attached picture shows the Z-Inhibit I have on my screen, just to make sure that we are talking about the same control. So if I set that to lets say -3 and I click the button ON/OFF the Z will go not further down than -3 no matter what the g-code has. Is this correct?

I can’t find any command about “Persistent Z-Inhibit” Where is that?

ok I got it with the Wizard, it works here too and looking in the g-code I can see lines added but I have to study the code to see if they new lines are inserted properly.

But my question still remains: where do I input how many passes I want a particular cut to be made with?

In my Config Menu / Safe Z Setup there are these entries which I don’t understand. I have also attached a picture of this window in case we don’t have the same. The entries I don’t understand on this screen are:

Allow Safe Z Moves: What establishes “Safe” moves?
Safe Z is an Incremental Rise and below there is an input window: Is this where I put the # of passes?

Sorry about all these questions but controlling how the Z behaves its important and I would like to understand it correctly

Nicolas