Hello Guest it is October 20, 2019, 08:56:18 PM

Author Topic: Interface Tutorial  (Read 3839 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,011 1,011
    • View Profile
Interface Tutorial
« on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »
I was watching the Mach3 Interface Video Tutorial and noticed that in the bottom right corner of the screen it has these inputs as per attached photo (MultiPass, Z Inhibit etc).

My screen (R3.043.022) does not have these items. How can I get them?
Nicolas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,952 7,952
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Interface Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »
That was from an earlier version which I think has now gone from the downloads page. If you require 'Multi Pass' then this is now available under the Wizards menu.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Hood

•  25,856 25,856
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:52:23 AM »
And Z inhibit is now on Ports and Pins, Mill options if I remember correctly.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,011 1,011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:21:50 AM »
Too bad, it looked so handy that screen

So in the Wizard, what is the X-Shift and Y-Shift ?

And after I input all the values and generate the g-code how do I merge this code with what I’m doing ?

Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,011 1,011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »
Try to run the wizard with a small project loaded on Mach and after waiting 9 minutes it still was saying “Please Wait.....Generating Path”

So how do I run this wizard to have multi pass ?

Also I noticed on the main screen there is a Z-Inhibit ON/OFF Button just to the right of the Reset Button and under this Button there is +0.000. What Z-Inhibit means and how do you use it on multi pass?

Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,011 1,011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »
I don’t know why no one answers my questions; are they too difficult or too easy ?

Anyway I found on Mach3 Mill manual paragraph 6.2.17 Automatic Z control family but when I go to config menu there is no Logic dialog for the static setting of this Inhibit –Z value.

On the config menu there is a Safe Z Setup menu but no explanations how to do it.

So no one to help me understand how I set multipass?
Nicolas
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
Hi Nicolas, this is from the older manual. Hope it helps a bit.
Russ

Z-Inhibit: Sets a limit to the lowest value of Z permitted. For example if Z inhibit is set to
minus 2.1 (- 2.1) and enabled then G0 Z-2.5 will leave the controlled point at Z = -2.1.
Persistent Z-inhibit: , if checked, then the Z-inhibit value entered will be retained on a
program rewind, otherwise it will be cleared. This setting us used in conjunction with the
automatic roughing out of a part be Mach2 decrementing the Z-inhibit and repeating a
program a give number of times.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »
Try to run the wizard with a small project loaded on Mach and after waiting 9 minutes it still was saying “Please Wait.....Generating Path”

Just click CANCEL in that pop up window, then Regen. Toolpath.
Works OK here.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »
Too bad, it looked so handy that screen

So in the Wizard, what is the X-Shift and Y-Shift ?

And after I input all the values and generate the g-code how do I merge this code with what I’m doing ?

The SHIFT is like a G52, it shifts the coopds by the amount specified.

I't automatically "merged" with your original code when you exit the wizard. If I understand your question correctly.

Offline kolias

•  1,011 1,011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
Hi Russ, thanks for the help

So the attached picture shows the Z-Inhibit I have on my screen, just to make sure that we are talking about the same control. So if I set that to lets say -3 and I click the button ON/OFF the Z will go not further down than -3 no matter what the g-code has. Is this correct?

I can’t find any command about “Persistent Z-Inhibit” Where is that?

ok I got it with the Wizard, it works here too and looking in the g-code I can see lines added but I have to study the code to see if they new lines are inserted properly.

But my question still remains: where do I input how many passes I want a particular cut to be made with?

In my Config Menu / Safe Z Setup there are these entries which I don’t understand. I have also attached a picture of this window in case we don’t have the same. The entries I don’t understand on this screen are:

Allow Safe Z Moves: What establishes “Safe” moves?
Safe Z is an Incremental Rise and below there is an input window: Is this where I put the # of passes?

Sorry about all these questions but controlling how the Z behaves its important and I would like to understand it correctly

Nicolas