Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:17:43 AM

Author Topic: Denford Orac 8 station turret  (Read 35334 times)

Re: Denford Orac 8 station turret
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »
Hi Hood,

I'm referring to another conversation you had with someone (see below:)

You want to save that as m6start.m1s and place it in the macro folder of your profile. For example if you go to Operator menu in Mach  and then VB Script Editor a window will pop up, paste it there then file menu and save as option. Browse to your profiles macro folder (eg C:\Mach2\Macros\Mach3Turn) and call it m6start.m1s. There will likely be already one there so just overwrite it. If you have a custom profile it will be that instead of the Mach3Turn in the example above

I tried to save my settings the same way you gave it to him, and it doesn't want to work.
I have Mach 3 and not Mach 2, is that where the problem comes in?

Also, where can I find m1s extension? Is it a program that I can download or buy?

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
No that was a typo, should have said Mach3.
Ok few things it could be, first is you have not chosen Auto Tool change on the General Config page and second thing I can think of is the profile you saved it to is not the profile you are using, for example you may have made a custom lathe profile and you saved it in the default Turn profiles macro folder.
Hood
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
Hey,

I've just figured it out...the settings is saved, but now when I type in T0101 or T0202 etc. it shows in Mach 3 and goes to the 2nd tool, but nothing happens to my toolpost.
On the general config page, I am on auto tool change.

Can I change the tool on the MDI line or should I write a specific program? Do you have examples or print screens or images that you can maybe send me, like you did on the general logic config page?
Thx for your input and sorry to be a pain the ass

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2011, 12:36:09 PM »
Easiest thing would be if you attach your xml then I can look and find whats wrong hopefully :)
Oh and your m6start.m1s as well.
You will likely need to rename them both before you attach.
Hood
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 01:29:39 AM »
 What is m6start.1s is  that the little VB Script program u send me i got tree XML files saved on my com putere  and dint know which one is the rite one only one works on my spindle. the only one
that works General Config screen. is not the same as Jr's i had Back up of AL my settings maybe if u send me Jr's i will chance my Arther settings if u
Will

thanks
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 05:32:28 AM »
Stefan
 the m6start.m1s is the macro that does the tool changing, it has the VB in it. It needs to be saved to the macro folder of the profile you are using.
The xml you will need to attach is the one for the profile you are using, in other words if its the default Turn profile it will be called Mach3Turn.xml if its a cusom profile it will have the name of yor custom profile.

Not sure who Jr is?

Hood
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:56 AM »
Stefan

Not sure who Jr is?

Hood
Have you not watched Dallas

Offline berty

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 06:29:53 AM »
Hi hood
I am slowly getting there

I have now finished the fit out of stepper drives etc and now in process of hooking up the tool post relay trigger wiring to BOB

I will as instructed set it up to the coolant pump control first

Hope you are well
Bert
 :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2011, 06:37:24 AM »
Stefan

Not sure who Jr is?