Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:42:35 PM

Author Topic: New CV features  (Read 58679 times)

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
New CV features
« on: November 15, 2006, 07:42:46 AM »
For Brian,

May you explain what these new cv features do exactly and how it works?

I add a picture that shows what I mean.

Thank you
Re: New CV features
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 08:51:02 PM »
This will tell Mach 3 how far back to start the blending from one move to the next... It could be less but will never be more then that.

Is that any help?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:20:28 AM »
OK,it seams to
I tryed to change the "stop CV on angle x" but nothing change or so it seems.

Offline faby

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:47:08 AM »
Sorry for my errors in last reply... I'm working too much  :(
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 08:55:51 AM »
No problem! I think that I should do a video on CV at some point... that has been a question that I have had many phone calls over ...

www.machsupport.com

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:21:44 AM »
That would be great Brian!
Scott

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 03:16:25 PM »
I second that, I have it working pretty well by trial and error but getting the de-facto scoop would help.

Chad

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 03:46:45 PM »
I'm sorry, but this CV stuff has come to a head today.   :(  I've tried to find a setting(s) that would work, but the only thing that makes it cut the part as drawn/toolpathed/intended is to pretty much shut it off on one part of the cut and then turn it back on later.  With "Stop CV on Angles <" it would cut a pocket as intended, but then the profile pass is herky jerky.  The profile pass has no sharp corners, just straight segments and arcs.  It wants to pause at the beginning and end of each arc then.  So, ya turn that off and keep CV on, then the pocket gets rounded no matter how much you play with the "Angular Limit".  A higher or lower CV feedrate eventually just turns it off or on.  Higher or lower acceleration makes little difference.  If anything, lower acceleration makes it worse.   I would think that if your accelerating/decelerating at a longer distance at a slower speed, that it could make a sharper corner.  If you turn up the acceleration, you can start slamming around.

Going into the file and turning it off and on isn't an option, especially on large files.

Granted, woodworking isn't as precise as metalworking, but how do you metalworkers maintain accuracy on your parts.  Surely you don't turn off CV and then let your machine jerk along in stop motion.

Sorry, but after having to repair ten parts that need other parts (yet to be cut) to fit into them, I'm a little warm.  Maybe I've just got too much wood in my furnace ;)

Scott

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 05:37:34 PM »
You might try increasing the acceleration distance a bit, this might help blend the decell/ accell and you could then use exact stop.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 10:39:32 AM »
It is the time to accel the axis that is the problem :( With an accel of 15.00 In/Sec^2 it takes .666 sec to get to 600 In/Min.. That is a VERY long time.. Now to blend the moves there is the problem of rounding the corners and so on.. the lowwer the accel the more rounding you are going to get.

What do you have your CV Dist set to?

thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com