Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:15:38 AM

Author Topic: New CV features  (Read 58672 times)

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
Re: New CV features
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 11:09:29 PM »
I am running the same hardware as Gary is.  I'm running that gun file at 100 in/min with an accel of 15 and a CV Tol of 0.10.  Velocity is 850.2 X and Y.  Any more than 15 on the acell and I get too much (for lack of a better term) after jiggle from the jerk in the Y direction.   

The table is solid enough, it's the carriages.  I've done what I can for reinforcing them short of welding the whole thing up, but I'd rather build a completely new gantry/carriage than have some local sod buster welder come in and make a mess of it.   :D

I can get as high as 23-26 in Quantum (maybe higher if rapids were under the same control as feeds), but files like this one won't run for me in Quantum (apparently due to the small segments/arcs).
Scott
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
Do I have to use the gcodes to use CV modes?

The reason I am asking is that I set soem of the parameters in config>general config and din't see any result.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »
Hello Looker.
   Yes, you will only see the effects while running G-code. You want see any difference while jogging.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2007, 10:12:53 PM »
Hello Looker.
 Yes, you will only see the effects while running G-code. You want see any difference while jogging

Running CV/or not, in a program.......I have to program G61/G64

I do not expect CV features while jogging

Hood

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2007, 02:05:11 AM »
If you look on the General Config page I am sure there is a setting there to default to CV mode. Sounds like you are default to ES mode.
Hood
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »
I am wondering if the new CV feature is what I am seeing. I recently upgraded from the V1.94 to  V2.0.064 and I noticed some differences. When I jog my X axis it takes off then slows down then speeds up again. I can see this when I run programs as well but it is still maintaining accuracy. My set up is a servo set up on a milling machine. I see it mostly on my X axis but it does happen on my Y as well. I haven't seen it in the Z.  I was also wondering if mabey I needed to retune. To put the problem in perspective it irritates me mildly however I run the machine daily without issue.

Vince