Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:23:30 AM

Author Topic: New CV features  (Read 58673 times)

Re: New CV features
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2007, 11:51:41 PM »
So....

Are there any settings people that need to cut 3D (or V-Bit) files use to get Quantum? 

Is there a happy medium between 3D and 2D optimization? 

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 12:17:38 AM »
Thanks for the inside Art, and of course thanks for all the hard work you guys do to kept us belly acher's happy  ;)

Scott, I believe a lot of the problems you are experiencing is due to the way your drawings are created and converted. When I looked at you drawing there was a lot breaks in your vectors which was at every place it paused and acted like it was in exact stop mode.

I corrected your vectors and re toolpathed using the outer vector cutting to the outside with 3/8" mill in 2 passes. There may be a small difference in size from your original as I did not go through offsetting etc.
anyway air cut this file and see if it runs better for you.
Run: CV On and all cv controls on the config off, also make sure you have "no fro on queue" checked.
gary
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer
Onsrud & Custom CNC tooling Distributor

Wichita/Derby Kansas
http://www.beckwithdecor.com

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 12:48:28 AM »
Thanks Gary, I'll give it a whirl, but I think that the breaks must be due to some dxf issue between us because I have no breaks showing in Vector and the path selects continuously into one chain.  What I sent you was a recreation of the original Vector .ccd file.  If there are breaks in it, Vector won't select it as a continuous chain.  If there were and I somehow managed to get it all selected, Vector would've create a safe Z connection between each one of them.  As I mentioned below, both files run proper in Mach3.

I think that the small arc segments are causing Quantum to act as Art described below.

Art, thanks for your reply and for puttin' up with this belly acher.  ;)
Scott

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »
Scott you maybe right on the dxf issue between us, so out of curosity I ran it through 3 programs Artcam, Visual Cadd and Vector and got the same results broken vectors on all 3 which is highly unusual, maybe it was in the conversion between us.
Vector would not select as complete chain but did select in larger groups than VCadd which I could then group. Artcam selected grouped as one but would not toolpath until open vectors were closed.

if you load your originally posted tap file in to Mach and zoom in on the tool path you will see the change in color of the tool path these locations pretty much matched the vector breaks flagged in AC and the pauses when the file ran on my machine.

Not sure if that helps you any but lets know it that tap file I post works if not I'll do a bit more playing.
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer

Wichita/Derby Kansas

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »
Hey Gary,

I tried your file and have the same results as my original, just in different places.  I don't know what version of Vector you have, but I'll attach the .ccd just for fun.  I'm using XT v10 so if you have an older version, you won't be able to open it.

Those changes in color in Mach's preview window are G02's and G03's (purple on mine) and G01's (blue).  So it would appear that Quantum is slowing way down at the short G01's between the G02's and G03's

No need to spend a lot of time on this now as I don't have to make any of these at the moment, I was just using them as a Quantum test. 

Thanks
Scott

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »
No won't be able to open, I bailed on version 9.4 of vector and went to AC.
This must be in a setting difference as I believe we have the same motors etc on our machines.
Do you have the same results with both Quantum and 2.040? I will have another play later when i have more time.
g
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer

Wichita/Derby Kansas

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »
No, this is only with Quantum.  They run fine with 2.040, with the exception of corner rounding on the gun box.

I had to run some more of these gun boxes today and I thought that I had finally found a semi sweet spot as far as settings go back in December, but found that I was mistaken.  I've been making these for a few years now, and I had the actual gun in hand when I made the first one and knew that it fit just fine back then.  Well, I had the same type of gun in hand today in order to make a little adjustment for a slightly different front sight.  Other than that, everything was the same.  I made the adjustment and ran the gun pocket as usual.  To my dismay, I find out now (after making a pile of these before Christmas) that corner rounding has changed the profile so much that the gun no longer fits properly! Same file as in the past,  just a different post processor to generate g-code instead.

Man, this is gettin' old!  :(

I'm done whining now.

Scott
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2007, 09:34:57 PM »
Slow down and you should not round as much...  You need better accels :( But I don't think your machine could ever take it!

BTW what are you running for hardware? Machine and control hardware.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »
Pretty sure Scott is running the exact same set up as me PRT/Ascension, same steppers etc.
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer

Wichita/Derby Kansas
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2007, 10:06:23 PM »
Then what the heck is the problem.... Weld your table Scott ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com