Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:44:34 PM

Author Topic: still only 250 lines of code  (Read 5297 times)

still only 250 lines of code
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »
I just bought the mach 3 licence it says its licenced now, but after a test run it still stops at 250 lines of g codes.
Any help would be great thanks.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: still only 250 lines of code
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
How many lines are in the g-code you're trying to run? Is there any error message?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
I replied in your other post. The code file you posted only has 250 lines of code in it.
RICH
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »
Whatever I draw and save to a dxf always stops at 250 lines only showing part of the things I want it to.
Complex drawings like arcs and splines screw everything up, but if I just draw a bunch of circles it just works but stops at 250???
Im going to try a different drawing package, because every thing I have to put in paper space to get it to save as a dxf, and I think its trying to read the paper to I dont know.
I guess I would like to know is the other 2 pieces of software that people are using, Im using autocad inventor...... lazycam...........Mach3

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
I use Autocad or Microstation .......lazycam.....mach3. Other software also, but relative to lazycam it's as stated.
I don't know what your trying to accomplish / machine with the drawing you provided.
I was able to import the drawing you provided in the other post and as shown in the pic it had a lot of bad lines on the arcs.
Did you look at the manual at all?

In Members docs, where the LC manual is located is a dxf file which you can import into LC and try different things and
generate all the lines of code you want by making very shallow depth cuts.

RICH

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »
I dont know what Im doing anymore got all these free trial download for software to try different ones.
Anyways I did the simplest drawings which was a bunch of different size circles about 2 to 3 inches with one big circle around them. still the same thing.
Im going to do a video to show everyone and post it on youtube  or kill myself soon lol

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »
Below is the link to the LC Manual. Also in that link you will find dxf file called MILL LCRO HCIR.dxf

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.msg77415.html#msg77415

Please try the following:
1.Import the Mill DRO HCIR file into inventor, and and then say add a circle on the profile, and then delete the circle you added, and then export the file as a dxf and post it here with a different name.

2. I have attached an LCAM file which generates over 1200 lines of code. Open LC from within Mach3 Mill, then open attached LCAM file in LC and just click the Post Code.
   The file will post directly to Mach and you shoud see all the lines of code.

RICH
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
Hey thanks its the auto cad inventor part, it does not make good dxf files. I wish they could list these things.
     Just started using the trial version of Turbo cad for the 2d drawings and uploaded a bunch in Lazy Cam it works great every time.
Now I just need to come up with 500 bucks at the end of the trial LOL.
I think with auto cad if I remember right, you can save it as a dxf right after you draw it, with auto cad inventor the only way to get a dxf is to put it in paper space then you have to delete all the wording and check boxes so the background wont print, thats what I think was the problem.
Thanks again Im happy

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 06:47:19 AM »
Glad you know the problem. May want to have a look at the documention for inventor since it may give info on how to process the info for dxf output.
The information in a dxf file has changed over time as programs have become more complex and thus it contains a lot more in it and LC's importer is not able to process the info.
That's why a version 12 is best.
Your happy ....I'm happy ....life is good again.... ;)
RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »
Try creating a drawing with a blank template in Inventor
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software