Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:46:46 AM

Author Topic: Can't uninstall  (Read 9920 times)

Offline MSS

•  10 10
    • View Profile
Re: Can't uninstall
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
Here is my problem
#1 - I downloaded Mach3 yesterday.
#2 - It runs fine, as far as I can tell.
#3 - With nothing else different, other than loading Mach3, my computer is not running right.

What I need
#1 - How do I uninstall the files?
#2 - I don't care where they are located
#3 - something in the Mach3 install is interfering with my laptop.

I want to purchase to license to run Mach3 and LazyCam.
I don't care what the file name is or where it is but I cant do anything until I get my laptop to run right.

Arranging them as last modified won't work because the dates are not relevant and there are files from other programs there, too.

MSS

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 06:54:59 PM »
Delete them from where you installed them. arranging as last modified should put them in order of first installed to last and you can check the dates of them by looking at each files properties (right click then properties) You will see 3 dates, first will be when it was created, ie when installed .

The only thing that is likely to cause issues is the driver and that is deleted from device manager.

Also worth mentioning is Laptops are not officially supported unless using an external motion controller, this is not because it causes problems with laptops but that laptops can cause problems with Mach, ie do not pulse well due to all the power saving features.
Hood

Offline MSS

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 01:16:27 AM »
I'm still having problems!!!!!!
The three dates listed are not relative to the date I installed the program.
That is not going to work.

Is there a list of files that is installed and to what directory they are installed to?

I am going to have to re format my hard drive if I cant get this fixed.

ANY HELP PLEASE????

I hate to be rude but I'm pretty sure I've explained my problem thoroughly.

Thanks

MSS

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 02:25:32 AM »
Mach only installs files to where you installed so that is where they will be and is impossible for anyone to tell you where as you seem not to have installed to the default loaction. As for a list of what actually gets installed the easy way would be to install to a location that has nothing else in it, such as the default path and then you can see what gets installed. There are a few registry entries but I am sure they are just associated with file association for m3p and the flash screens (forget the extensions)
I think your best idea is to format then install again to the default folder this time.
Hood