Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:01:35 PM

Author Topic: Soft limits and slaved axis  (Read 3215 times)

Soft limits and slaved axis
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »
I tried engaging soft limits today on a machine with a slaved axis and got the error "Machine out of limits for A axis".  A is slaved to Y.  The A axis DRO always reads zero and under homing/limits, A min is set to -100 and A max is set to +100.  Seeing as how the DRO reads 0 and that is inside the set range, I'm thinking it should work.

Does anyone know what could be going on?

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Soft limits and slaved axis
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
Couple of things that might be the possible cause, first is have a look at the A's machine coords if you have not already done so. Other thing is rotational softlimits are off on General Config.

Hood

Offline Repmo

•  54 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:50:53 AM »
i had similar problem with my softlimit on my fresh lathe retrofit,

my soft limits works very good, it stop good on both axis but when i try to run program, mach3 send messagebox warning if my program run within 4 inch of the soft limit ....

if i escape the alarm, the program run good without close position with limit

i have only .75inch of slowzone in soft/home screen, this lathe run on diameter mode, i use smoothstepper

tanks
fred

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »
I'm still not sure what's going on.  I tried Hoods suggestions but still getting the same error when I try to activate soft limits.  One thing I figured out is that the error message does not specify the A axis.  It just says that "Machine is out of limits for soft limit activation", so the problem could be on any axis.  Once I get some time to mess with it, I'll dig a little deeper.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 09:45:37 AM »
If you want to attach your xml I will see if I can figure out whats going on.

Ok back to the welding, need warmed up ;D
Hood