Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:38:12 PM

Author Topic: Upgrade from 1.84 on lathe  (Read 14180 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Upgrade from 1.84 on lathe
« on: December 13, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
Well I finally did the upgrade from 1.84 turn to 3.042. I backed up my XML and ran the instal file, and then rebooted. After I started it up again and got the silverblue screen set installed I tried to home the machine. When I power up the system and then click the E stop screen button off the lathe makes the fimilar noise of the steppers going into power and holding so I know that there is something right. All the tools and things were still there, all looks good. My problem is that the steppers don't actually move. The readouts show they are but I have no movement. I am not honestly sure of what ports and pins should be what, it's been years since I did anything real as far as maintainence to the thing, and because the steppers go into hold I think I have stuff right there, but no movement. I have attached my XML so anyone can loook and maybe let me know what's wrong? thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade from 1.84 on lathe
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 02:55:47 AM »
Can you attach your original xml that you backed up. Dont see anything wrong with this one other than the motor pins are unusual. Not wrong as such as they are legitimate pins to use but normally people set them up in order.

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 05:27:22 AM »
DAlgie,
Assume that you have used the lathe before and it worked in 1.84.
Is that true?
RICH

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »
Yes, lathe has worked flawlessly for 3 years, apart from the threading pitch problem. And that wasn't even a problem as I usually make both male and female threads for the mating parts. Have attached my original XML. Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »
XML looks similar, have you tried placing theold one in the folder and starting it from the loader?

Also check that the correct driver is installed, it could e the old driver is still there.
 Do you have a frequency showing on Diags page?
Hood

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »
What would the name of the driver be, and in what folder? I don't seem to have or be able to find a frequency on the diagnostics page. Only thing, it is showing as running at 35Khtz, and I sort of recall it being set at 25Khtz before. I think I will have to go check the ports and pins and confirm that it is correct. Thanks guys.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
Sorry was forgetting the Turn screen probably doesnt show the frequency, you could load a mill screen for viewing purposes. Also see what Time in Int is.
The driver version should be seen if you go to device manager and expand  the pulsing engine then right click and properties for the driver, on the driver tab you will see the date and version of the driver.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 05:51:47 PM »
Here is what i suggest you try....
1. Save a copy of the Mach3. sys and Mach3.exe files which are located in the directory where  you installed the updated version of Mach.
2.Do a search of your hard drive for Mach3.exe and Mach3.sys ...........the search should only show one of each, if more, then delete all of them.
3. Go into the device manager and delete the Mach driver it is using.
4. Repeat step 2.
5. Put the copies you saved in step 1. back into the Mach directory
6. Run the driver test as it installs the driver
7. Go into device manager and confirm that the driver was installed.

Now, use the 1024 lathe screen set that comes with Mach instead of whatever you were using. Configure as necessary.

You should now have the correct driver installed and your eliminating any possibility of a screen problem.

Hood, Are the steps above correct as i am doing it from memory?
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »
Hood, Are the steps above correct as i am doing it from memory?
RICH

Dont ask me, I cant remember anything ;D

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
Hood, just waite, you can only put so much junk in the trunk before it overflows and starts to show.  :D
RICH