Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:29:14 AM

Author Topic: Plasma table issues  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Fritz

•  18 18
    • View Profile
Plasma table issues
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:50:05 PM »
Hi, recently purchased a cnc plasma table! Unfortunatly, i have had issues with it from the beggining! Initially it worked with a few minor adjustments. Now, when nothing was changed, its like it forgot what it was doing from the previous days. After i load the g-code, table moves at a real fast speed to its referencing point. As the program runs, the "z" axis wants to plunge below zero! We do not have any tech support with the table manufacturer. Trying to get movin on this...any input would be much appreciated....Fritz

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma table issues
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »
Can you attach the xml for your profile please, may be a config setting that is wrong.
Hood

Offline Fritz

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 08:23:37 AM »
Im working on it, appreciate your help! Gonna send that to you soon!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:33:17 AM »
no problem.

Hood

Offline Fritz

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:36:31 AM »
my xml

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
Thats the Mach exe, its the xml for the profile you use that I need.
Hood

Offline Fritz

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
Okay, have to run back to work to send it to you. I am fairly new to this, i apologize for any delays. I have been reading threw our manuals and playing with the table. The issue with the 'z' axis diving, seems to have resolved itself! Don't know how. Anyway, I would still appreciate if you were to have a look at my XML. My problem now is that the two stepper motors are out of sync, on my "y" axis. I tried referencing, the gantry moves in the opposite direction it should along with the motors grinding. I believe the grinding comes from too much travel speed. All of this stuff was working fine before , but not now! I'm gonna send that to you in a few hours. Again, thanks Hood!

Fritz

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 02:18:24 PM »
Sounds like you may have the  the acceleration and/or velocity set a bit high for your motors.

Hood

Offline Fritz

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »
how do i find it? What does it look like?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »
how do i find it? What does it look like?

Are you meaning the xml or the Accel/Vel settings?
If xml then its in your main Mach3 folder and will have the name of the profile you are using. Windows may be hiding the extension so if you look at the top of a window click on the Tools menu then Folder options and then in the window that pops up click the View tab. you can the scroll down the list a bit and take the check out of the "Hide extensions for known file types"
That will let you see the extensions on all files in windows.

If you are meaning the accel/Vel settings, they are  on the motor tuning page of Mach.

Hood